HTC One V is finally seeing the possibility to receive an update to the latest Android. How? With a custom ROM which is called Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean. More on how to get this upgrade in the following guide.
for requirements, here you go: backup the most important data on the phone, root the device (which also needs to have an unlocked bootloader), install USB drivers meant for the One V, get ClockworkMod Recovery, charge the phone’s battery and turn USB debugging on afterwards.
The tutorial on how to update this smartphone to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM is right here.
- Step one requires the following from the owner of the phone: on your laptop. Then don’t forget to extract boot.img from it and afterwards download GApps from here. From the moment the files are taken care of, you need to plug the phone to the laptop and move the custom ROM archive along with the GApps zip file to the handset’s SD card (the files we just mentioned must feature in the SD card root).
- Step two: move the boot.img to the directory known as android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools and switch the One V off.
- Step three sounds something like this: turn the device on as you press + hold Power and Volume Down; these actions will get the phone into a mode called bootloader. Which means that you should go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on the comp; launch Command line from the laptop and enter
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Press Enter after you are done with that command. For step four you have the following instructions: enter
after which you need to press Enter once more.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]A set of prompts will come on-screen; follow them and then opt for Bootloader. Go to Recovery; once there, be sure to Wipe data.
- Look for Flash zip from SD card. When you locate that, choose it by tapping on Power. Opt for Choose zip from SD card by tapping on Power.
- Step seven will need you to go to the Android custom ROM zip file with the help of the buttons for Volume; choose this file by pressing on Power and then confirm the installation.
- Select Go back once the installation is over.
- Choose the system restarting and wait for the One V to reboot and welcome you to the Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.