LG Optimus G E973 deserves to be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as any other smartphone out there. With that in mind, we give you the best way to flash the said update on it.
Our guide uses, for this purpose, something that is known as Carbon ROM. The tool is not free of bugs, but they are minor. And now for a couple of the features which this custom ROM will bring on your device: improved navigation widgets, changed lock-screen, theme engine, option to hide lockscreen hints and many more options.
are, for your information, the requirements to keep in mind: root the phone if it isn’t already and download a custom recovery image on it, turn on USB debugging, make backups using our guide, and then Gapps archive from here (you must choose the file labelled gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip) on your laptop, charge the battery of the Optimus G E973 and flash USB Drivers for it on your computer.
We recommend you to focus now on the steps below.
- Plug the smartphone to the laptop and copy the two files shown in the pre-requisites to the SD card of the Optimus G E973 when you’re done. Also, unplug the devices from each other once the transfer is over.
- Enter the handset into Recovery Mode; which we like to perform like this: hold Volume Up and Home at the same time and press Power. The second you notice that the logo of LG is on the phone’s display, then let go of the three keys. Now choose Backup&Restore, opt for Backup and the device will shortly operate a NANDroid backup of the ROM that it sports.
- Wait for the operation from the earlier step to be over and then return to the smartphone’s main recovery menu so that you can operate a data wiping task; the latter is done like this: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Yes and wait for the task to finish.
- Return to the main recovery menu.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition.
- Opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache. After all of these tasks are over, you need to choose Install zip from SD card.
- Select Choose zip from SD card and then choose the Carbon ROM archive to install it on your phone; select it with Power, then confirm its flashing on the Optimus G E973 by opting for Yes – Install the zip file. Now do the same that you did for the ROM, but choose the Google Apps zip file instead.
- Now that these two files are installed on the smartphone, step eight will ask you to return to the device’s main recovery menu.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Opt for the system restarting; the handset is going to reboot.
The LG Optimus G E973 you own has just received an update to Android 4.2.2 with the help of the Carbon ROM. If, at any point in this tutorial you experience boot loop, follow our cue: operate a full wipe cache partition first, then a complete wipe dalvik cache. Problem solved.
However, if you are set on retrieving the phone’s older ROM, do the following: boot the Optimus G E973 into Recovery, choose Backup&Restore and then opt for the ROM in question from a certain list that will appear on the display.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.