If you plan on buying the HTC Sensation, but there’s no Jelly Bean on it, you can use different ways to grab this operating system. And the simplest of them all is a custom ROM.
Today we are going to tell you how to update your HTC Sensation to Google’s Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using a custom ROM whose creator chose to name it ParanoidAndroid ROM. This version comes with various advantages and some minor cons, like the usual bugs and some of the features giving errors now and then. But it’s nothing major, so don’t worry about that.
make sure your experience with the ParanoidAndroid ROM smooth and pleasant, remember to always install it on the HTC Sensation only. Any other device will break down if you install this ROM on it.
The next thing to check off of our list before we introduce you to what you need to do to grab the ParanoidAndroid is to tell you what your handset must feature.
Here is what’s required: a backup of every single important data you keep on the Sensation, ClockworkMod Recovery and an unlocked bootloader, a battery that’s fully charged, GApps pack from , , and the USB cable that ships with the smartphone.
After you took a look at your phone and saw that it had all of the above, follow the steps we compiled here.
- To start the installation process off, do the following: copy the () pack, the and the to the phone’s internal memory card. Then turn the handset off.
- For step 2 you have to enter into the ClockworkMod Recovery mode. The buttons for Power and Volume Down have to be pressed and held down to achieve this.
- Step 3: watch out for a message saying HBOOT. When you see it, click on the key for Volume Down. This way you will gain access to an option called Recovery. Opt for Power next and this action will show you a warning triangle.
- In step number 4 you have to press on the keys labeled Power and Volume Up.
- For the fifth step you need to create a backup that has to include the phone’s current ROM.
- The next step is the sixth one: choose the installation of the archive from internal memory card, then Choose ZIP from SD card; after you are done, look for the file called .
- For step number 7 you have to choose this file. The action requires a confirmation. When this is over and done with, install the and the ParanoidAndroid ROM () packs.
- Up comes step 8, which needs the user to repeat steps number 6 and 7, because only that way will he/she get to install the packages we just mentioned.
- The final step, number 9, instructs us to simply opt for Go back. After we do that, we have to restart the entire system.
And that’s a wrap on how to get the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM on the HTC Sensation.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.