HTC One X+ is still one of the smartphones that don’t benefit from Jelly Bean and the pros it always offers any device it accommodates itself onto. The guide on this page is about to change all that.
Learn how to update your smartphone to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with a custom ROM called AOKP firmware. As far as we noticed, even if this tool isn’t official, you won’t experience serious problems.
order to deal with a smooth operation, we have to tell you what requirements to apply. Get a custom recovery image, root the handset, install Windows if your laptop doesn’t have it, create a backup, use a HTC One X+ whose bootloader needs to be unlocked, turn off the programs that take care of security problems, make sure the battery is fully charged and turn USB Debugging on.
Should the warranty be lost, you can retrieve it in two ways; either upgrade the handset to the latest official Android operating system or use the official stock ROM file.
And that’s how the pre-requisites look like. Once you are done with them, you can move on to our method of updating your HTC One X Plus with the help of the custom ROM named AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.1.
- Open your laptop for step number 1 and then download two files: the update one, and a package called . If you are done with this phase, next you have to perform a connection between the PC and the handset through the phone’s USB cord.
- For step two you have to perform the following: move the archives you grabbed online to your phone and remember to unplug the two devices once done. Now switch the One X+ off and restart the phone into its Recovery Mode. To reach this mode, you need to press three buttons at the same time: Volume Up, OK and Power.
- Wait for the Bootloader to appear. Opt for Recovery when you see it, then do a wipe by choosing these two options: Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]To perform step 4 you are required to opt for +++go back+++; this will take you to the handset’s menu. This is followed other actions: choose the installation of the ZIP archive from the phone’s SD card and select Choose ZIP from SD card. This is the way via which the handset will go into the installation procedure.
- Step five: select the necessary update file.
- For the sixth step you should do the same if you wish to flash the GApps pack.
- Opt for +++go back+++.
- Step 8: choose Reboot system Now. Have some patience, because this operation is going to offer the much-needed Jelly Bean 4.2.1 update on your HTC One X+.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.