As per usual, many owners of various gadgets want to see the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on their models. And, as usual, developers are more than happy to oblige by creating different custom ROMs.
HTC’s Evo 4G sorely needs an update to the most recent Android operating system, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Which only a custom ROM will bring. This time around, its name is CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM firmware. This solution is not the official one, though, so don’t be surprised if you experience some bugs. But they aren’t really dramatic.
we cannot start with the steps needed for the installation without warning you about some things which will happen throughout the process. And what you need to do to counteract that. You should root the smartphone and make a backup. The latter will prevent the Evo 4G from destroying what you hold dear. Then you should charge the device till it shows over 60%. Get a custom recovery image on both the phone and the laptop/PC needed for the installation of the custom ROM. Get restore and backup applications if you want to save Call logs. Another requirement is to enable the USB debugging option. You should also deactivate all the antivirus programs that are pre-installed on the HTC Evo 4G and the comp you will use. Download both restore and SMS backup for those cases where you wish to save text messages. Employ a custom recovery image if you have to save your phone’s existing ROM. Last but not least: sync with Google. This will offer you the possibility to save Contacts.
Finally, here are the steps you must follow if you are set on upgrading your HTC Evo 4G to Jelly Bean OS using the CyanogenMod 10 ROM. You must, above all, be careful and use all the steps. Skip only one of them and your phone is history.
- You have to download the CM file and to have access to the Google apps online. These two actions are both step 1.
- For step 2 you need to save them to either your laptop or your PC.
- Step 3 is the one which follows next; here you have to connect the device to the comp via a USB cable.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 4: copy the downloaded file to the the phone. When the download is over and done with, take the said USB cable off from your PC’s port. Then switch the smartphone off.
- What comes next is the fifth step of the update, which says that you need to do the following: reboot and enter in recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and OK buttons. Choose Recovery when you are in the bootloader.
- Step 6: Opt for Factory reset/Wipe data and also Wipe cache partition. In the moment when this is achieved, go back to the main menu by selecting +++go back+++.
- The seventh step instructs the owner to choose Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card.
- While in step 8 you have to pick the CM 10 file, install it, pick the Google apps file and install that one, too.
- The last step is where you need to choose the following actions: +++go back+++ and Reboot the entire system.
Now you have the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS update via CyanogenMod 10 ROM on your HTC Evo 4G device. Have fun!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.