Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 can finally meet with a great opportunity, which is the following: the move to an updated operating system.
The two major things that should convince you to make the jump are these: excellent speed and no bugs. We should add here that the XXAME1 is the perfect firmware to improve the performance of your phone.
now, take a look at these pre-requisites: be sure to own the smartphone that is factory unlocked, turn on USB debugging, flash USB drivers for the model on your personal computer, charge the battery of your Galaxy Xcover 2 GT-S7710 so that you will not experience a failed tutorial and don’t forget to also make a backup using this guide (include, here, the data without which you cannot function on a day-to-day basis).
But, because the XXAME1 is official stuff, you will have to find a way to get root access back after you’re done with the guide. And what better way to do that than the following: root the device once more and everything will go back to normal.
- One of the first guidelines that you should be following sounds like this: download, on your notebook, the . Now, on the same device, download Odin tool 1.85 as well.
- Out of these two files, you have to unzip the first one. Power the smartphone off.
- This comes next: boot the Xcover 2 S7710 into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power at the same time, press Power then and stop when the logo of Android pops on the display; continue by pressing Power.
- You will next need to launch Odin on the personal comp and afterwards plug the smartphone to the laptop with the USB cord of the Xcover 2 S7710 as soon as possible.
- Hints to see if the connection went in a successful way: look for an ID:COM box colored yellow and a COM port number. If you’ve seen both of them, then pay attention to the prompts below:
– click on PDA and opt for a file you will see with CODE in its full name;
– click on Phone and Phone and then make sure you choose the file with MODEM in the name it sports;
– click on CSC and opt for a file which has CSC in its name;
– click on PIT and then select the file with this extension: .pit.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If you are done with the task we indicated above, then turn your attention to this task: opt for F. Reset Time then Auto Reboot boxes. In case you chose the .pit file, select the box with Repartition next to it.
- Do as follows to continue with the tutorial: tap on START, since that is how you’ll get the XXAME1 to flash on your handset. After having patience for some minutes, the Xcover 2 S7710 will reward you by displaying a home screen; meaning: you are given permission to disconnect the smartphone from the PC. The place where the Android 4.1.2 build XXAME1 is: your device’s “About phone”.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.