Galaxy S4 I9505 model has something new prepared for it in the oven: XXUEMI8 leaked firmware that is set on delivering a much-needed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
It looks like a developer heard your wish and decided to bring a tool which would update your Galaxy S4 I9505 to the world of new possibilities that the Jelly Bean can bring. For instance, you can see what wonders a better battery can deliver, your smartphone will have a brand new set of tweaks and features to work with and the performance shall be heaps better. All of this and more if you follow our update guide.
will only truly begin after you appeal to the following bunch of pre-requisites:
- download and Odin tool on your notebook;
- make backups;
- be sure to turn on USB Debugging on your smartphone;
- charge the battery unit on your smartphone;
- download on your notebook, after you find them, USB drivers that are appropriate for your handset model.
Now that you are over with the requirements, you are given free hand to commence the upgrade tutorial.
- First couple of tasks to be performed: after the XXUEMI8 JB 4.3 leaked firmware is downloaded on the laptop, you should unzip it and then, after the file’s content is on that device, you can power the phone off.
- Then, as usual, make sure you boot the smartphone into Download Mode by following these few guidelines: press, at the same time, Volume Down + Home while you make sure to power the Galaxy S4 I9505 on. Launch the Odin on the laptop next.
- Then plug the smartphone to the PC and watch out for a successful connection between the devices as shown by “Added!!” or a yellow ID:COM box. When neither the message and the box appear, the connection did not happen; in that eventuality, you can redo the plugging by either using a different USB port or installing the USB drivers again.
- Once the phone and the laptop are in close sync to each other, you should do the following: tap PDA, choose a file that has CODE in the name, then tap Phone, opt for a file containing MODEM in the name, click on CSC, choose a CSC-named file, tap PIT and opt for a file with a .pit extension.
- After you have done everything we told you to in the previous step, you should move on by checking these boxes: Repartition (if you selected the file with the .pit extension from earlier, F. Reset Time and then Auto Reboot.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Now be sure to tap START. The flashing of the update firmware will thus begin shortly after you’ve performed the mentioned action. At the end of the flashing phase, the phone is going to reboot, so when it does that disconnect the Galaxy S4 I9505 from the laptop and then wait for the device to power itself back on.
- Once its home screen appears, you need to power the handset off once more, then boot it into the Recovery Mode. From the phone’s Recovery Menu make sure you do this: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Then, when you’re done, restart the device by choosing the appropriate option.
The update is now complete.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.