Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (Sprint version) is going to be fueled by a new strength after you expose it to SlimBean Android 4.3 Stable ROM. What this firmware contains is is based on the likes of ParanoidAndroid, AOKP, AOSP Android 4.3 and CyanogenMod.
If you long for an improved battery unit, a performance that is also enhanced, other features and so on, the update tool we are using for your phone will cater to all your desires.
it can do that, though, you should first introduce your handset to these pre-requisites:
- root it via this tutorial;
- install it with a custom recovery image (either TWRP or CWM is just fine);
- create backups (a NANDroid backups is a must-have). You can use this guide and this one;
- use a factory unlocked Galaxy S3 L710;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery of your device;
- install USB drivers for it on your laptop.
Now’s your chance to update your handset, so do it!
How to flash Android 4.3 on your Sprint device
- Your first move should include the performing of these couple of instructions: download the (file name: Slim-d2spr-4.3.build.1-OFFICIAL-886) and (file name: Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.1) on your notebook, don’t use an unzipping tool on them, plug the handset to the notebook, move the two packages to your phone’s SD card root and then unplug the Galaxy S3 L710 from your laptop.
- Switch the handset off; then enter it in Recovery Mode using these instructions. Move on by applying, on your phone, a Factory Reset. How you do this is greatly dependent on what custom recovery you chose to install on your Galaxy S3. To apply Factory Reset on a TWRP phone, you need to press “Wipe“, choose Factory Reset and then confirm; if CWM is on the phone: choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and just confirm this.
- The custom ROM that should land on your smartphone has to flashed first. So do this in case the TWRP is the custom recovery installed on your device: tap “Install“, choose the custom ROM archive and then have its flashing confirmed; to do that: simply look for a blue key at the display’s bottom and swipe it. However, if your handset sports the CWM version: first opt for Install zip from SD card and then for Choose zip from SD card, look for the update tool and have its installation confirmed.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Perform the exact same steps you did just now so that the Slim-Gapps is flashed on the smartphone.
- Then go back to the phone’s Recovery Menu and restart it. This is going to require some minutes of waiting. Then, after the rebooting is done and the phone restarts in the SlimBean Jelly Bean 4.3 custom ROM, wait for the Home Screen of the upgrade firmware to pop up so that you can enter the details pertaining to your Gmail account.
After you witness the update of your phone to the Android 4.3 operating system, nothing should stop you from having a go at everything that this tool offers. So take advantage right now!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Should the handset experience a boot loop: redo the guide. In case the new firmware is not what you expected, you can restore your Galaxy S3 to the ROM it used to have. Here is where the NANDroid backup will prove useful. So don’t forget to create it!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.