Galaxy S3 Mini I8190N has the following official firmware to ease it into new features: XXAMG3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
for your smartphone should take an important role in preparation for the update, so make sure you:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- flash the right USB Drivers for your smartphone on the PC from this place;
- charge the battery;
- use a laptop or comp which runs Windows (CrossOver Utility is a tool which needs to be used in case your device runs Mac or Linux instead of the OS we mentioned);
- create backups via our instructions;
- use the Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190N which has its bootloader and carrier unlocked.
How to flash XXAMG3 on Galaxy S3 Mini
- The list of pre-requisites has now reached its end, so begin the guide by downloading, on your notebook, these firmware packages: Odin tool v3.07 from here and the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMG3 official firmware. The file name is something starting with I8190NXXAMG3_I8190NVFGAMF3 followed by an extension: (for the Swisscom / Switzerland version), (for the VipNet / Croatian version), (for the SFR / France version), (for the Vodafone / Italian version), (for the Vodafone / Ireland version), (for the Vodafone / Czech Republic version), (for the Si.Mobil / Slovenian version) and (the Vodafone / UK version).
- This needs to happen next: unzip them both and look for Odin tool v3.07.exe and then for .tar.md5 among all the files which are contained in the packages.
- After the handset is powered off, you have to press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously and stop when the logo pertaining to Android enters the display; you will then be prompted to press Volume Up.
- Now your phone is in Download Mode, which means you need to run the Odin tool v3.07.exe as Admin by proceeding as such: right-click on odin.exe and after that click on Run as administrator (option which is in the Context Menu of your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190N).
- Plug your I8190N to the laptop; when you are greeted with a yellow COM port number and “Added!!“, the connection between your devices has truly happened; if it did not, you should re-install the USB Drivers or use a different USB port.
- Choose, from now onward, a couple of files as instructed in the following paragraph:
– tap PDA and choose .tar.md5 file which has CODE in the name;
– tap Phone and then choose a file with MODEM sported in the name;
– click on CSC and afterwards opt for a file that has CSC in the name;
– click on PIT and look around until you see a .pit file, then choose it.
- Now stick to the Odin window because you need to check these boxes: Auto Reboot, Repartition and F. Reset Time (the one in the middle has to be chosen only if the .pit file was selected in the previous paragraph).
- Here is what to do next: begin the flashing of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXAMG3 by tapping START. The installation will not take too long, so have patience. Then, when the firmware is located on your smartphone, the latter shall reboot. After it does as such, PASS will come on its touchscreen so that you know you are able to disconnect the handset from the laptop in peace.
The firmware we used for this update is inside your handset’s “About Phone“. Go to that location and have a look at it, then launch it and see all about its features and whatnot.
NOTE: In case the GT-I8190N runs into trouble such as being stuck in Samsung’s logo or boot animation, the first thing to do is to go to the Recovery Mode and then perform these two tasks: Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then Wipe Cache Partition.
If those actions have been operated already, you can opt for the phone’s restarting option and the issue above will not annoy you any longer.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.