Samsung’s Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 JB is an easy journey. To start it, all you will need will be time, requirements and steps.
Here is what makes the second element work: make a ROM backup or more with your important data and other settings, turn on USB Debugging, install the appropriate USB drivers on your laptop (the ones which work best with this phone), perform our tutorial on a device that’s been previously factory unlocked and charge its battery.
Oh, and make sure you live in either France, Austria, Germany, the UK, Italy, Belgium, Spain or Hungary. Just root the smartphone should the warranty disappear after the update is over.
Last element to take into account for the update process: the steps below.
- First one is this: after you locate , download it on your laptop. The files that are in it must be taken out and deposited on the desktop and then you have to find Odin tool and download it, too.
- The second step looks like this: turn the S3 I9300 off.
- Now on to step number three: press and hold, at the same instant, Volume Down and Home. Next: press Power; you’ll be one step closer to Download Mode as soon as the logo for Android + a triangle come on-screen. After which you should press Power; this will be the action to actually get you to that Mode.
- Step four will need you to launch ODIN. The minute you see it opened you should plug the handset to the comp and see if there’s an ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM number, which represent the connection port of the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- If yes, step five will require you to opt for the following:
– a file with CODE in its title; click on PDA before reaching it;
– one with MODEM; click on Phone beforehand;
– one file with CSC in the name it comes with; click on CSC to open it;
– and one with .pit (click on PIT to have it launched).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If you’re confused and don’t see any of the files mentioned, then don’t stress about and just get to the sixth step telling you to check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot (when you see Repartition, check it if you’ve seen and opted for the .pit file). The button you have to press in order to get the update moving is Start.
- The guide today ends with the last step, the seventh, asking you the following: have patience for the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to start again. This is the moment when you should wait for the home screen to come and then start disconnecting the device from your laptop, because the update has finally been installed.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.