Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G N7105T can be, from now on, the proud owner of Android 4.1.2 if you follow this tutorial. For which we have used a tool named DVDMB1 that makes the smartphone perform in a superior way than it used to.
things first: turn on USB debugging on your GT-N7105T, make backups via our guides, install the USB Drivers that work with it on your computer, charge the device’s battery to the fullest (but only if you see that it is empty) and have a laptop that is flashed with Windows (if you prefer Mac or Linux, then be sure to employ CrossOver Utility).
Next: download official firmware and Odin tool 3.07 on your laptop.
- Extract the content of the two archives to your comp, then look for .tar.md5 and then for Odin 3.07.exe. When this is completed, you should switch the N7105T off.
- Download Mode needs to be reached; here is how: press + hold Home, Volume Down and Power at the exact same time, then look for “Warning!” to make itself known on the display and press Volume Up to complete the task.
- Run the Odin tool as Administrator; to do that, right-click on Odin executable and then click on Run as Administrator from the laptop’s menu.
- Plug the handset to the laptop and “Added!!” + a COM port number will pop if the plugging didn’t encounter problems; if, however, it did, then simply modify the USB port you’ve been using till now or install the drivers once more. Opt for the following files next:
– .tar plus CODE in its name; it will come on the display shortly after clicking PDA;
– MODEM in the name (this file is going to appear after you click on Phone);
– CSC as part of its name; be sure to opt for it as soon as you’ve clicked on CSC;
– .pit. This file is sure to pop on the screen the second you click on PIT.
It’s very likely that you will not see the files from above. When that happens, stay in Odin and just check the boxes called Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- If you chose the .pit file minutes ago, check Repartition before moving to the fifth step.
- The installation of the firmware will begin only after you hit Start. Now wait till it finishes, then observe if the smartphone restarts.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After it does that, step seven will need you to notice if Pass pops on the screen (it should be accompanied by a green background).
- Unplug the Note 2 4G N7105T from your laptop, because the DVDMB1 is on your device.
Is “MD5 has value is invalid” message appearing in the end? The way to erase this problem from your smartphone is the following: download the firmware again. To get rid of the fact that the phone may freeze in booting animation, we provided this tutorial:
- go to Recovery Mode;
- opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- choose Wipe Cache Partition;
- select the system restarting.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.