The second you launch your rooted Motorola Motoluxe XT389, you’ll be much impressed by every new thing it contains. And by how much it’s improved. To be a part of this, please follow the tutorial below.
Revealed in 2012, your smartphone certainly needs some novelties. Also known as Motorola Motoluxe XT389, this model could do with certain modifications. Its 800 MHz Cortex-A9 CPU, for one, lacks better speed. SRSRoot is about to change that and improve the handset’s processor. The SRSRoot is a rooting tool that is full of other surprises. It can deliver all of them for free. The app is also a way to unroot the device it’s on.
The benefits of this procedure
The SRSRoot is powered by an SRS Server. Behind it are custom ROMs and numerous new features. You’ll also be counting on your phone’s Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. This version is compatible with the app, and so are other Android variants. Admin and superuser permission is another novelty. Other new additions: customization options and root-only apps. Battery life will get so much better. The SRSRoot is among the apps which can be used on a lot of different products. If you didn’t know, this freeware has to be used with a Build ID. There is a wide array of such options; the app supports all of them. We went with one called ARGONM_W_07.1F.04R_S.
The device you will have rooted by the end of today ends up with damaged stuff if an update is involved. The root access shall be revoked; the system partition will be erased. But the procedure does not leave the phone without its internal / external SD cards, data or other important things.
You can’t be expected to begin the rooting if you don’t perform certain pre-requisites. They must be done on both your laptop and the smartphone. These preparations urge you to:
- open, on the laptop, this Internet address;
- when you’ve arrived there, look for certain USB drivers that suit your handset;
- they will have to be downloaded on your laptop;
- install the USB drivers on that device afterwards and launch them;
- enable, on the phone, USB Debugging;
- you can now make backups which will protect the data on your smartphone from various types of harm;
- you must also perform a full NANDroid backup;
- having a laptop with Windows is also indicated;
- deactivate, on the laptop, the security programs that are there;
- after you’re done, launch the security programs on your phone;
- turn them off one by one;
- the battery your handset is equipped with needs to be fully charged.
Step by step instructions
That’s how you should get ready for a rooting. If everything’s in order now, start the steps below.
- The action you need to start with is very easy. You only have to download, on your laptop, the popular SRSRoot. This is the place you’ll discover it at. A download button is on that page; click on it.
- As soon as the device is equipped with this great app, time to see it installed there. The laptop must also have the freeware launched on it.
- Afterwards, you have to enable some very important options on your Motorola Motoluxe. They are the following: Menu and Settings. You’ll have no difficulty finding them.
- This next option is a bit hard to locate from the first try. As such, we recommend looking under Settings to come across it. The name of the option is this: Unknown Sources.
- Once done with the previous guidelines, you’d better activate USB Debugging. It’s OK if you haven’t tapped it before; make sure you enable it now. Now you can finally establish a connection between the laptop and Motorola Motoluxe XT389.
- This particular plugging needs to be performed with a certain type of instrument. And this tool must be the smartphone’s USB cord. Are the two connected? If they are, waste no more time and perform the next step.
- The latter is very important. It allows your XT389 to begin the rooting process. There is one essential option that, once tapped, starts the procedure. This option is called Root Device (All Methods); and you must absolutely tap it. It’s now necessary that you wait for the rooting to be over before doing anything else. About 15 minutes is the amount of time you should wait.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Does the process take more than what we said it would? If that’s the case, you had better repeat the steps you just went through. Then, should this situation be successfully be solved, consider our last step. Which needs the following from you: start the phone.
- Restarting the device is done by enabling Reboot System Now. The action will be completed very soon. Once the phone’s gone through that, it will be time for you to just enjoy your Motorola Motoluxe XT389.
You have, just below this guide, a section to leave your questions in. This box can be used any time you feel in trouble while rooting the phone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.