Has your most ardent desire been to root HTC One for a long time now? You can finally fulfill it with a tutorial we wrote a couple of days ago. We added, in it, all of our usual ingredients such as pre-requisites and list of steps. They should be easy enough to follow. If not, tell us and we’ll explain better.
SuperSU is the name of the instrument that shall help us today. It was put together by a developer, naturally, so everything should be safe. Once your phone is rooted, you can finally experience that Android version you’ve dreamed of, flash custom ROMs as well as root apps and many other great things.
be able to see what those great things are about, you first need to see something called pre-requisites. While reading about them, you should do as they tell you to. Here we go: charge the battery of the HTC One, create a backup using this guide, use a phone that’s been factory unlocked, turn on USB debugging on the handset and, final requirement, go to your laptop and install USB Drivers for this particular smartphone.
Before moving on with our tutorial on how to root the HTC One, you also need to download one file on your laptop. Its name is (the file is labeled UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip).
The steps that follow next are shown below.
- Here is the first one of them: after the file from above is on your computer, you need to plug the phone to the latter. Then, after they are intertwined, you have to copy and paste the SuperSU Root archive to the memory card of the HTC One.
- The next step, which is number two, tells you to perform the following: switch the device off. After it’s powered off, you should unplug it from the comp and then follow this up by entering the smartphone into a mode called Recovery. It’s easy, you need to do as follows: start the phone while selecting and pressing the keys labelled Power and Volume Up.
- Step three will now appear on the scene; here is what you are asked to do for it: scroll down to find Flash zip from SD card. Your job is to opt for it via Power. Then select Choose zip from SD card by pressing, once more, Power. The SuperSU Root .zip file needs to be opted for; use Power for that.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step four sounds like this: confirm the installation of that file, then go to the main recovery menu of the HTC One.
- When you are there, the fifth step will need this from you: opt for the system restarting, so that the smartphone can reboot into its rooted state. To be absolutely certain that the procedure went without problems, you should either download Root Checker and use it or look for the SuperSU app in your HTC One (the app is in the phone’s list of apps). Once you are sure that everything went well, you should go ahead and explore the possibilities opening in front of your eyes.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.