Galaxy S4 SCH-I959 shall be an improved device as soon as you’re done with our tutorial. There is an easy method you are free to use if you ever want to root the phone. And it’s something which doesn’t pose problems. So make sure you consider this post if you’re looking for that kind of procedure!
But first, be sure to choose a Build ID before you root the smartphone. The rooting app we settled upon accepts every version available; ours was this: JSS15J.I959KEUENC1.
The access to a rooted device should be done with SRSRoot. The Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I959 won’t come in contact with bloatware along the way. Our pick of a rooting tool delivers new stuff in complete security; as such, the handset won’t be damaged by any sort of virus during and after the rooting. Free to use on whatever product you own, the SRSRoot provides improved speed for the phone’s 1.9 GHz Krait 300 CPU. In addition, the app is powered by an SRS Server.
The benefits of this method
The SRSRoot won’t only root the gadget it’s installed on; the app can unroot it if the owner wants that. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is the operating system your phone comes with; this Android version, as well as all the other ones, are fully supported by the app. The possibility to easily personalize the phone is one of the new stuff you’ll enjoy. A bunch of custom ROMs and root-only apps are all delivered. Battery tweaks, new features and these are also coming along: superuser / admin permission.
If you’re about to update the Galaxy S4 SCH-I959, there are some specific things you should know about. Among them, a couple of rooting cons. Here’s one of them: you’ll no longer have access to the system partition. The root access shall be altogether revoked. These are the reasons why you’ll have to root the phone again. If you upgrade this device, the default internal / external SD cards will not be damaged. The important data will still wait for you when you’re done with the update. The root access will leave you without the pre-flashed warranty. After this happens, there’s a way to retrieve it. We suggest doing the following: once the warranty’s gone, look for that tutorial which is best suited for your phone.
While all of the above is useful, there’s another stuff that you should consider. What you’re about to see is called requirements. They are all preparations your phone and laptop must experience. That way you’ll be ready for the rooting. Let’s see what they are:
- USB drivers meant for the handset must be downloaded, on your laptop, from this page;
- they should be flashed on it when the download is over;
- the battery that functions inside the handset needs to be fully charged;
- backup the data on your phone;
- perform a full NANDroid backup using these tips;
- the handset’s security programs will need a deactivation;
- the security programs used by your laptop need to be deactivated;
- enable USB Debugging on the smartphone;
- the laptop’s operating system must be Windows.
Step by step instructions
- Here is what the first step asks you to do: take to this page. On it is the SRSRoot freeware that must be downloaded on the laptop. If you are on that website, we recommend clicking on its download button.
- If you are done with the download, install the app. After that, open it. Next, proceed to the activation of this option on the phone: Unknown Sources (which is right under the Settings option).
- Should you have failed to tap USB Debugging, you’ll be able to enable it right now. Skip this if you’ve already turned it on and connect the SCH-I959 to your laptop.
- We’ve now arrived at the most important part: the handset’s rooting. You have to do the following to begin it: tap Root Device (All Methods).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You need to wait now; 15 minutes is the maximum of time you have to be patient for. If the rooting does take more than 15 minutes, you should redo the steps.
- The last phase of our guide is you restarting the phone. Like this: tap Reboot System Now. And with this last step, you will finally see what the root access means for your Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I959.
But what if you don’t think the changes are noteworthy? In that case, the smartphone can go through an unrooting. This is a procedure which is also possible thanks to the same rooting tool used today.
When you don’t know how to manage delicate situations appearing during the rooting, we suggest using the comment box below.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.