Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE will sure need all the benefits that Android 4.3.1 PACman Jelly Bean custom ROM can offer. Keep an eye out for more info on the matter as we unravel our guide.
The PACman custom ROM is, before anything else can be said, a tool which even newbies can use. The steps to get this update will be displayed, all of them, later on in this tutorial. But, since we are dealing with an unofficial tool, you should know that a custom recovery will be needed for the update.
Before we go on, here are some of the features that your phone will sport once it’s upgraded: IR Blaster, the newest AOKP mr1-milestone2, integrated App WhatchOn and inverted GAPPS, the newest CM10.2.0-RC0, all of the settings from the AOSPA 3.99-RC2 and the CM10.2 Android Open Kang Project MR1-milestone2 and many others.
All in all, the custom ROM prepared for today has many features that originate from ParanoidAndroid, AOKP and CM10.2 alike. So you will have the great possibility to use different ways to customize your handset, the latter is going to enjoy the benefits of a longer-lasting battery, you will be able to flash different custom ROMs and more.
way towards an update is paved, apart from steps, with the following set of pre-requisites:
- make sure you root the device before moving on;
- also, remember to install download and CWM or TWRP like we’ve said before, from here;
- charge the battery of your smartphone if need be;
- create a backups to keep all the current data saved for when you want to use it later;
- flash USB drivers appropriate for the handset, from here (flash them on your laptop or comp);
- turn USB Debugging on;
- use a factory unlocked Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE.
- Then go online and the Jelly Bean 4.3.1 custom ROM (file name: 4.3pac_jfltexx-Black-Power-Edition_20131104.zip). After that, download it on the laptop and start the update tutorial by saving this file on the previous device and then plugging the handset to the PC or notebook.
- The file you just saved on the latter must now be taken from there and moved to the phone’s SD card root before you can power your handset off.
- Now unplug the two devices from one another and enter the I9505 into Recovery Mode as shown here: power the handset on while pressing + holding Volume Up, Home and Power. Wait to enter the Recovery Mode before you can opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data to have a full data wipe performed.
- Once done, move on to the next step. Which is this one: choose Wipe Cache Partition to have a wipe of the cache partition. Then continue with these tasks: perform a dalvik cache wipe by staying in the Recovery, selecting “Advanced” and opting for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now be sure to return to the device’s Recovery screen from where you should do this: opt for both Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You will now have to go to the place you copied the new custom ROM file to with the help of the buttons for Volume; next, make sure you choose this file with “Power” and then confirm the file’s flashing.
- Once the latter process is over, do as follows: select +++Go Back+++ first. Second move: from the phone’s Recovery Menu, find the option dedicated to the phone restarting and choose it. The device shall reboot after you do that. And with that, the Galaxy S4 I9505 is updated!
As soon as your device features the Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean via the PACman custom ROM, you should go ahead and test this firmware out. Also, see what your smartphone is able to do from now on.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.