Your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 will greet you with a brand new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS after you follow our upgrade tutorial staring XXUBMH4 as official firmware for this purpose.
If you live in Russia, the update is meant especially for you. Should you live somewhere else than Russia, you can get the update manually. This tool is going to offer more stability to your whole user experience. The battery life of your handset shall last more and there will be no bugs to speak of.
In case the Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 is not rooted yet, that is not a problem. You can still follow our tutorial and upgrade your device. If your phone is missing its warranty, the update will be sure to make a comeback on it. The bootloader of your smartphone is going to be locked once more after the upgrade arrives on the handset.
way towards a successful procedure is to first take a look at the requirements below:
- charge the battery of your smartphone;
- turn on USB Debugging on the phone;
- make many backups in order to ensure the safety of your phone’s data;
- turn off every program that protects the handset against different issues;
- on your laptop, deactivate the software which protects it against the same type of problems;
- use a Windows-running laptop (or computer);
- download, on the notebook or PC, (which will make sure your comp has the right USB drivers for the phone).
The next step which brings the update closer to its completion is the actual tutorial. Which is comprised of some very important steps.
- The first of them being this one: download the ) file name: I9105XXUBMH4_I9105OXEBMH3_SER.zip) on your laptop after you are done with the pre-requisites. Then extract the files which are comprised by those packages you just downloaded.
- Then do this: go to the laptop and open the Odin there, after which make sure to power the handset off. Now enter the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the following keys together: Power + Volume Down + Home.
- Continue with these actions: plug the phone to your notebook and wait for the Odin to tell you if the plugging went OK. What you should look for: a yellow ID:COM box and a message which says “Added!!“.
- You should use a different USB port if the connection does not go as it should; or install the USB drivers once again until you get it right. Opt for PDA from the Odin tool, then deactivate these boxes: F. Reset Time and Re-partition. Now select the I9105XXUBMH4_I9105OXEBMH3_SER unzipped firmware and tap START to begin the flashing of the firmware on your phone. Your handset’s touchscreen will show PASS and a green-colored ID:COM.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Disconnect the smartphone from your laptop and then restart the Galaxy S2 Plus I9105. The latter has just received the upgrade which will transform it into a better smartphone performance-wise. The new ROM is in the Firmware Version of your device; this section can be accessed by going to Settings, opting for About Phone and then tapping that option we mentioned.
NOTICE: The Samsung GT-I9105 can remain stuck in boot loop. So if that ever happens to you, there is a way out of this. Begin by restarting the device into the Recovery Mode, continue by opting for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Wipe Cache Partition and then go back to the Recovery where you will see Restart option; choose the latter.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.