Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 and the newest Android 4.1.2 are going to be best buddies from now on. This tablet can be updated to this OS version thanks to XXCME2, official firmware created especially for this model alone.
The older version of this tool came with bugs; you won’t see them anymore if you use this firmware. And the gadget will deliver a superior performance.
our guide you will first have to follow these pre-requisites: download the and Odin tool on your laptop, charge the battery of the Tab 2 7.0 P3100, turn on USB debugging on your tablet, use the model which is carrier and factory unlocked, flash USB drivers for this device and create backups of its most important content.
How to flash XXCME2 on P3100
- The two zip files which you just downloaded on your notebook need to be extracted, so do that for starters. Then see if you have these two very important files among others: .tar.md5 and Odin 3.07.exe.
- Switch the device afterwards and boot it into Download Mode like this: press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Power; when the display is seen flashing and coming back to life, you should stop what you were doing and then press Volume Up. Now go to Odin tool and run it as Admin.
- Take your tablet and have it plugged to your laptop. The Tab 2 7.0 P3100 will have to be detected. Then, if everything goes well, a message that reads “Added!!” will appear and an ID:COM box should become yellow; also, a COM port number should pop on the display.
- When they do, you can move on with our steps; if they don’t, however, use a different USB port or flash the USB Drivers again. It’s now time to opt for the files we will show you below:
– click on PDA to be able to choose a file with .md5 or .tar as extension
– click on Phone and then opt for a file that has MODEM as part of its name
– click on CSC, then choose a file with CSC in its name
– click on PIT, now choose a file with a .pit extension in it.
- Remain in the same Odin. Now opt for the following: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. If you chose the .pit file, then you need to also activate Re-partition.
- After you tap on START, the XXCME2 will begin to install on your tablet. When that ends, you should wait for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to restart. When you spot PASS in green background, you will have to disconnect the tablet from your laptop.
NOTE: To make sure the tutorial went as it should, go to the gadget’s Settings, choose About tablet and then look for the Android 4.1.2 XXCME2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you see it, then no worries: you did everything as planned and you should now start enjoying your freshly updated tablet to the max!
In case the device is stuck in boot animation at some point, we offer the following solution: head over to the Recovery Mode where you have to operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then Wipe Cache Partition. After performing these couple of tasks, you can wrap it up by opting for the tablet restarting. Your gadget is now free of problems.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.