Adam Kernel is a new tool that addresses itself to Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Its main aim is to root your phone. Before we tell you how to proceed with this operation, let’s see what some of the features of this Kernel are: Busybox, ExFAT sdcard support, Init.d support and many more.
If this is the first time you
root a device, the most important thing you should know is the following: your smartphone will lose the warranty it offers. The only way you can use so that it gets back is to unroot the S4 I9500.
You’re now aware of the features and the after-effects of a rooting procedure. How about we now show you some requirements?
Here they are: charge the battery of the handset if it is empty, flash USB drivers for your device on your laptop, use the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 that is pre-installed with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, create as many backups as you think will do, turn on USB debugging and use the smartphone which is carrier unlocked as well as factory unlocked.
- After you complete the pre-requisites we mentioned just now, you need to begin today’s tutorial by downloading, on your laptop, the following files: and Odin tool v3.07. Once your notebook contains the appropriate files, you have to unzip the Odin one. This action will leave you with Odin3 v3.07 archive; unzip it and then power your handset off.
- Since the phone is now switched off, you should do the following: enter it in Download Mode by simultaneously pressing + holding Volume Down and Home; press Power afterwards and the smartphone should come back to life. When that is the case, you have to press Volume Up and the device will have been booted into the Download Mode as suggested.
- Now open the Odin and plug the Galaxy S4 I9500 to your PC; using the handset’s USB cord will be of great help with the latter task, so use it well.
- The Odin is going to look for your phone and, when it finds it, the following will happen: an ID:COM box is going to appear in yellow and it shall be joined by a COM port number; if you also spot “Added!!“, then everything will have happened successfully. In case it doesn’t go well, flash the USB Drivers again; you could also try using a different USB port.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]While you are still in the Odin tool, you should also click on PDA. Then opt for the GT-I9500_AdamKernel.V1.2.Odin.tar file and afterwards select the boxes that appear as F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- If Repartition is chosen, deselect it and then tap on START. The Adam Kernel firmware is going to be flashed on your smartphone soon. The Galaxy S4 I9500 will, after a bit of a wait, restart; should PASS be displayed on the screen, along with a background in green, you will need to disconnect the phone from your laptop.
Your handset is rooted. If you want, you can finally flash root-only apps, custom ROM and other tools you might like.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.