Flashing the Slim Bean ROM to a Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 is among the easiest things in the world. We will tell you everything you need to know about this process in today’s How
If you own Samsung’s Galaxy Note I717 and you want to see how it works with the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean operating system, the best solution to get it is via a custom ROM. Which was called Slim Bean ROM by the one who developed it for us. It’s not an official solution, though.
The performance it delivers is, from what we saw ourselves, great. Add to that the fact that it offers many options for personalizing it and that it does not come with a heavy size and you know you’re in for a treat.
So that everything goes without a glitch, you need to make sure you have the following: a TWRP Recovery on the smartphone, and these files: Slim GApps (Google Apps) pack (a file called ) and Slim Bean Custom ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (an archive called also ).
The next thing that is advised is to make a backup and charge the handset till the battery icon shows over 70%.
And now you are good to go. If you follow all the steps below, absolutely all of them, you will be able to successfully flash Slim Bean ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note.
- In the first step you need to copy the Slim Bean ROM package and then the GApps package. Where? To the internal SD card of your device. Once you are done with this action, make sure to switch the phone off.
- For the second step you have to access the TWRP Touch Recovery mode using the already known combination of keys: Volume Up/Down and Power, at the same time.
- Step 3: when you see that the smartphone’s display is on, you need to release the button labeled Power. The keys for Volume need to be kept pressed, though.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The fourth step advises us to perform a data backup of your actual version of the ROM. Which is very easy to perform: simply click on the Backup option after which you select the blue key.
- In step 5 you should return to the handset’s recovery menu, then choose Wipe option.
- The next step, number 6, asks us to opt for Factory reset. The action has to receive the green light at the next level.
- Step 7: click on Back, then on System. The data will be wiped once you confirm that you want the phone to do that. After you’re done, click on Back.
- For step 8 you have to choose Cache and confirm it.
- The ninth step tells the user to return to the phone’s main menu. Once there, you need to opt for Install.
- Step 10: choose the ROM’s archive data, previously copied and confirm the action.
- For step 11, the installation of the Slim GApps package, you need to follow what steps 9 and 10 tell you to do.
- Step 12 has to do with the selection of the option called Reboot system now. Which signals the end of the installation process and the presence of the Slim Bean ROM on your Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
If you happen to see that a certain feature, or more, are not on your handset, do this: find Settings, choose OTA and get what you need.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.