Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 has plenty of things to gain if it’s updated to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 firmware.
Even if the firmware does not come from the phone’s manufacturer, there should be no worry as to whether or not it’s working or if it comes with bugs. Because the answers to these questions are the following: the firmware works very well and there are absolutely zero bugs in it. We checked that out for ourselves.
Not to mention, the XXUBMF2 is the kind of firmware which works with each of the manufacturer’s Galaxy Grand handsets already out there on the market. So, provided you have the Grand Duos GT-I9082 on you, manually update it to the newest version of the Android 4.2.2 JB with our tutorial.
are certain requirements that a gadget must respect if you want it to be updated or rooted properly. The ones to apply to your handset are these: enable USB Debugging on it right away, make backups using these instructions and charge the device’s battery. The enabling of the USB Debugging option we mentioned should be performed by doing as follows: go to the phone’s Settings, click on Applications, select Development and then the right option for this guide.
From this portion onward, you need to respect all the guidelines we will display soon.
How to update Grand Duos to XXUBMF2 firmware
- Here is how the first move should happen: download the archive (file name: I9082XXUBMF2_I9082OXABMF2_OXA.rar) and then download Odin tool on your personal comp.
- Shortly after you’ve performed those tasks, you need to move on with these: switch the handset off and have it booted into Download Mode by doing these actions at the same time: hold Volume Down and Home; while you hold them, you should turn the Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 on.
- If the smartphone has reached the Download Mode already, then plug the handset to the notebook, then wait; you need to come across “Added!!” and a yellow (or blue) ID:COM box, meaning only one thing: the devices are now connected to one another. S
- o you should continue the guide at hand by completing these tasks: tap PDA. The latter is a much-needed action that needs to be done in order to be able to choose the file with a .tar extension belonging to the firmware package.
- Now tap START; the firmware required for the upgrade shall be flashed on your smartphone in the next few seconds, so wait for it to end.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Now that the handset is equipped with the update, you have to wait until you spot an option labelled Language preference. Once it appears, you should know that it’s cue for you to do this: unplug the Grand Duos GT-I9082 from the PC. As soon as the two devices are connected no more, you should go to the “About phone” area of your device and simply look for the existence of the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 firmware.
NOTE: After grabbing the update your smartphone was in need of, see what attributes it comes with. However, your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 may surprise you by getting stuck in “Welcome” screen or in boot loop.
This issue’s solution sounds something like this: turn the smartphone off by taking its battery out, turn it back on by putting the battery unit back in, then complete this guide by repeating the tutorial which helped update your device just now.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.