In case you’ve just bought your smartphone and it’s specifically Galaxy Core GT-I8262, you should totally get it updated to XXAMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The tool is completely official.
requirements are now next on our menu: use a PC that has Windows among its specs or install CrossOver should the OS be something else than Windows, turn on USB Debugging, charge the device’s battery, flash USB drivers for the handset on your laptop, create backups via our instructions, backup the data on the internal memory to an external SD card and use the Core I8262 which is carrier unlocked (and bootloader unlocked).
How to flash XXAMF1 firmware on GT-I8262
Find out how to manually upgrade your Samsung I8262 from the following steps.
- The one to kick this guide off needs you to find a place on your notebook for (the file is labelled I8262XXAMF1_I8262OJVAMF1_ACR.zip) and Odin tool v3.07. The same place needs to have the files belonging to these archives after you unzip them.
- The handset will need to be helped to power off and after that it should be booted in Download Mode; by performing this: press + hold Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously; wait to spot Android’s logo, then press Volume Up.
- Run the Odin tool .exe as Admin like this: use the right-click method on odin.exe; after that click, from the handset’s context menu, the option that says “Run as administrator“.
- Plug the I8262 to the laptop and wait for a yellow COM port number and “Added!!” to make an appearance. In case they refuse to do that, you should try out a different USB port; or install the USB brivers a second time.
- Now do as follows:
– click PDA and don’t forget to choose a file which has CODE in its name;
– click Phone and then choose a file with MODEM in its given name;
– after you click CSC, you will be required to select the file wearing CSC in its name;
– once PIT is clicked, you have to opt for a file with .pit in its name.
- Stay where you are and then choose the following options: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition (this last one has to be selected only in case the .pit file was chosen).
- After these three boxes have all been checked, you can finally start the installation of the update firmware by tapping on START; now all you need is a bit of patience and, when the flashing ends, the handset is going to reboot.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After PASS and a background in green come on the touchscreen, you will be able to unplug the devices from one another and go to the device’s “About phone”. Why that place? Because it has the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXAMF1 official firmware. So you can breathe at last and use your upgraded phone!
NOTE: But what if the handset is stuck in the manufacturer logo? Or in boot animation for that matter? We are here for the rescue, of course:
- go to Recovery Mode;
- do a Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- perform Wipe Cache Partition;
- restart the smartphone.
The problem you were having just now is gone and your Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262 is safe again.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.