HTC One XL and Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean can walk hand in hand from now on with the help of this tutorial. Only so will you be able to use Hatka XL to gran the upgrade.
Hatka XL will deliver great battery and audio performance as well as an overall better performance for your phone. Root your device and flash it with a custom recovery image first, then charge the battery of the One XL, continue by you use a factory unlocked smartphone, flash USB drivers for the phone on your PC, activate the USB debugging on your device, initiate a full backup operation using this tutorial and set the Fastboot and ADB on your computer.
The above are all the requirements that you have to take care of before you proceed to the steps below which will install the update on your One XL.
- Step one sounds in the following manner: download on the laptop. Now extract what there is inside the file.
- A boot.img file should be on the computer now. Then use the USB cord of the HTC smartphone to plug it into the One XL and the laptop.
- For step number three you will have to copy and paste the Android 4.1.1 ROM archive to the memory card root of the handset. Now copy + paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory, after which you should switch the phone off.
- Enter the smartphone into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader by switching it on while simultaneously pressing + holding Power and Volume Down.
- Step five is now present to offer the following instruction: go and select the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools dedicated folder that is on the laptop. When you find it, launch Command line by using Shift and at the same time right-clicking on Open Command Line. When that happens, you should enter
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Press Enter after doing that, then type in
Again, press Enter when you’re done.
- For the sixth step, your tasks are these: follow some prompts which will appear on the screen, then opt for Bootloader.
- Go to Recovery and then choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data by using Power. After the phone’s data wipe is performed, you will have to choose Wipe Cache Partition so that a full cache wipe is operated.
- Now go to CWM Recovery, find Advanced and opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache in order to make room for a cache wipe on the phone. The eighth step will require you to return to the main recovery screen.
- Choose Install zip from SD card, then opt for Choose zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step ten will need you to select the Android 4.1.1 ROM archive via the button for Power.
- Step eleven says the following: initiate the installation of the file, which will begin the flashing of the update on the One XL. Have a bit of patience now.
- Then, as the flashing process is over, step number twelve will prompt you to go to ++++Go Back++++.
- Last step, number thirteen, sounds like this: opt for the system restarting when you go to the phone’s Recovery Menu. The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now prepared to show you what it’s all about!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.