Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N P7501 (the 3G + WiFi model) with its horde of great-quality goodies is ready to embrace an update to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich with XXLPD official firmware.
things on your “to-do list” before installing the update is to pay attention to these very important requirements: use a comp that sports Windows among its specs (or if it sports Linux or Mac, install CrossOver Utility), charge the battery of the tablet, create backups using this guide (among which a backup of the tablet’s memory to an external hard disk should be present as well), turn on USB debugging, use the model that is both bootloader as well as carrier unlocked and flash USB drivers for this tablet on your notebook.
The update will land on your Tab 10.1N GT-P7501 if you start the following guide.
- Which begins with this step, the first one: download and Odin tool on your laptop and afterwards unzip them; files called .tar.md5 and Odin 3.07.exe will appear in a couple of seconds, at which moment you should switch the Galaxy Tab 10.1N P7501 off.
- Once the GT-P7501 is turned off, you need to enter it in Download Mode like this: press + hold Volume Up and Power; stop pressing and holding them once the logo of Android is on the display.
- Run Odin tool .exe as an Admin by using the right click option on Odin 3.07.exe and then clicking, from context menu, on Run as administrator.
- Plug the tablet to the PC. When done, a bunch of buttons need to be clicked to choose some files:
– click on PDA to gain access to a file with CODE in its name;
– click on Phone and a file with MODEM in its name will appear;
– click on CSC and wait for a file with CSC in its name to pop;
– click on PIT and a file with the following name will show up: .pit.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step five will then need to be followed: activate F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition (the latter box should only be checked if you went for the .pit file). After you are done with these, make sure to tap Start up next; the installation of the XXLPD will start and, when it ends, you need to wait for the gadget to reboot on its own; then look around for a message that says PASS (and a background with the color green).
- The sixth step will then tell you to disconnect the Galaxy Tab 10.1N P7501 from the notebook and then the device will have the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ready to run.
When you are faced with problems such as seeing only the logo of Samsung during the tutorial, then we have just the thing for you to solve this: go to the Recovery Menu of your tablet, perform Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition; wait a bit, then opt for the system rebooting. The same applies if you want to help the gadget get unstuck from boot animation.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.