Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is currently owned by many people who are more than satisfied with how it performs. But they want to find out how to flash Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on it. For them we say: read this tutorial. In it we make use of custom firmware called CM10.1 RC5, since it comes from famed team of developers which have offered many other great CyanogenMod tools.
The CM10.1 RC5 is the latest version. Its main attributes are able to offer a superior performance from your Galaxy S3 L710 for Sprint. The great features of the new Android are also noteworthy, so you will get twice the quality.
you can’t wait to experience the CM10.1 RC5 for yourself, then follow the steps in our tutorial. But be warned: the updating process will have to be dealt with the utmost concentration, so make sure you follow every single instruction like we write here.
First, however, let’s see what pre-requisites are in order: fully charge the battery of your smartphone, turn on USB debugging, create a backup using our instructions and download Gapps archive (you must choose the file called gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) along with the .
How to install CyanogenMod 10.1 RC5 on Sprint Galaxy S3
- Your part of the bargain starts now by you having to plug your handset to your comp with the USB cord that belongs to the S3 SPH-L710. The two zip files in the requirements should be on your laptop’s desktop by now; go there and copy them both so that they can be pasted to the smartphone’s SD card.
- Unplug the devices after the transfer is over, then power the handset off and enter it in Recovery Mode. This can be done if you remember to do as follows: press and hold, simultaneously, Volume Up, Home and Power; when you see the display flashing, you can let go of all the keys.
- Create a NANDroid backup now. To make that possible, you have to opt for Backup&Restore, wait for a second screen to appear and then choose Backup.
- Wait for the entire process to end, then return to the phone’s Recovery Menu where you will need to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data; when done with that, confirm the action by tapping on Yes and have patience till the wiping completes.
- After that return to the Recovery Menu, opt for Wipe Cache Partition, afterwards for Wipe Dalvik Cache and then choose Install zip from SD card.
- Now select the option saying Choose zip from SD card and find the CyanogenMod 10.1 .zip file. Have it flashed on the S3 L710 like this: choose it with Power, then confirm the installation (opt for “Yes” to do this).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]After the flashing is over, opt for Install zip from SD card and repeat everything from there onward (minus the selection of the cm-10.1.0-RC5-d2spr.zip file, since that’s already on your phone, so opt for the other zip file this time); this is going to help the Google Apps package flash on your Sprint Galaxy S3 L710.
- Opt for the phone’s restarting once you are back in the Recovery Menu after the two zip files are on the phone. Not more than 15 minutes should pass from when you do that till the handset is booted into the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM CM 10.1 RC5. Now enjoy the experience!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.