Germany, the UK, Belgium, Spain, Austria, Italy, France and Hungary should rejoice: Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 can be updated to XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 official firmware.
If you don’t know how, this guide will deliver the right answer. To receive it, all you have to do is as follows: read a group of requirements and then follow some steps when you’re done with that.
about the necessary pre-requisites here: use Galaxy S Duos S7562 which is already factory unlocked, turn on USB Debugging, install (on your laptop) USB Drivers that are appropriate for this handset, charge it and create backups using our guides.
We are now officially done with this part of our guide. Let’s see what comes next.
- Step one, that’s what’s coming next. Read it carefully and do what it says, which sounds like this: download and Odin tool v1.85 on your laptop; extract only the files that are in the first zip file, then turn the S Duos off.
- Step two will offer the following instructions: enter the handset into Download Mode, launch ODIN on the comp and plug the latter to your handset.
- Step three will tell you to wait till the devices are both connected the correct way; then you need to choose, if you see them, four files. Here they are:
– you should see a file with CODE in the name it has (it will come on the display after you click on PDA);
– now look for a file with MODEM as part of its name (after you click on Phone);
– see if there is a file bearing CSC in its name; it should be on the screen of the phone after you click on CSC;
– finally, find a file with .pit in its name after clicking on PIT.
And that’s all. But, if you observe none of the four files above, then don’t follow the actions we just mentioned. Just check F. Reset Time and then Auto Reboot on your Galaxy S Duos S7562.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step four tells you to check Repartition should you have chosen the .pit file, then click on Start; this will help with the start of the installation.
- Have some patience, then go for step number five requiring you to simply see whether or not the Galaxy S Duos S7562 restarts or not; if it does, then you’ve done everything correctly.
- Now disconnect the smartphone from the laptop after the home screen appears on the handset. The result of this? The phone will have received the XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 official firmware it’s been lacking. Use it well!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.