Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is a fresh new addition to our tutorial world. This device is all set to be updated to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
We shall teach you our way of updating it in this guide where we will use official firmware dubbed XXBMD2. Be careful to use this tool on this model alone, because it isn’t supported by phones under a different manufacturer.
that work with the Galaxy S Duos S7562 are these: use an already rooted phone (which needs to also have a custom recovery image flashed beforehand), enable USB debugging (by going to Menu, then to Settings, opting for Apps, tapping on Developer and selecting the USB debugging option last), charge the smartphone’s battery and create as many backups as you need to save the data on your device.
Here are the steps which must be followed so that the S Duos S7562 you have is updated correctly.
- For the first step you need to download, on your notebook, the , then Odin tool. The computer is now sporting the two zip files that will help your smartphone be updated.
- What comes after this introductory step is the second one. You will have to, according to its guideline, perform the following: switch the gadget off.
- For step three you should boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding, at the same time, the keys labelled Volume Down and Home; press Power the second you spot a message on the touchscreen.
- The prompts you have to follow for step number four are indicated here: launch the Odin zip file and then plug the smartphone to your notebook (a task for which you need to use the USB cord that accompanies the handset).
- If the two devices are well connected to each other, you will be able to move on to the fifth step. Here is what to operate for this one: after the Odin box becomes yellow to show you that the plugging went as scheduled, you have to wait for the update to get flashed on the Galaxy S Duos S7562. Now be sure to opt for PDA; it’s in the Odin.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Next step is the sixth and you will be told to do the following: look for the Android 4.0.4 ICS file and then tap on Start. The flashing will start soon.
- Step number seven that needs to be followed will guide you to have patience until the flashing ends. After having waited for that, you should next see a message in Odin reading PASS.
- Step eight will have you unplug the smartphone from your PC, because the S Duos S7562 is on it. Don’t believe it ended so quickly and want to make sure that the XXBMD2 is indeed on your smartphone? Then simply go to the Menu, click Settings, choose About Phone and look for this official firmware. See? It’s there, so no need to worry anymore. But if you don’t see it where we indicated, then repeat our guide as many times as needed.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.