Galaxy S Advance I9070 received an official update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The base firmware that will be used for our guide is XXLQE. But if you live in either Hong Kong, China or Taiwan, you won’t be able to flash the update.
your hands on the XXLQE by first preparing your S Advance GT-I9070 with these requirements: make a backup using this tutorial, install USB drivers for it on your notebook, use a factory unlocked model, turn on USB debugging and charge its battery. The handset is going to lose its root access. Therefore, you will need to root the phone again.
- Getting right to business, we give you the tasks for step one: download Odin tool 3.07 and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLQE official firmware (/ for / for ) to your computer and afterwards make sure you extract each one of them. Here are the files you should expect to notice: Odin tool 3.07.exe and .tar.md5.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S Advance into Download Mode as soon as you power it off after you’re done with the first step; the mode should be reached like this: press and hold, at the same time, Home, Volume Down and Power; when a screen containing a warning pops, you need to let go of the three keys, then press Volume Up. Now launch the Odin tool on your notebook and then plug the I9070 to the latter.
- The third step needs you to have patience till “Added!!” and an ID:COM icon becomes yellow; this will show you that the products are connected to each other. If this does not work, do this: flash the USB drivers again. Or you could employ a USB port that’s different to the one you’ve been using so far.
- Fourth step will offer the following guidelines: opt for the files that will appear after you click on certain steps. Here is what to do exactly:
– click on PDA and chose the file containing CODE in its name;
– click on Phone, then be sure to opt for the file with MODEM as part of its name;
– click on CSC and wait till a file with CSC appears so that you can select it;
– click on PIT and choose the file named .pit.
Don’t be surprised or scared if none of the files is displayed. Just ignore what we wrote and instead check mark F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot if they aren’t. Repartition should only be check marked if you selected the .pit file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]In Odin, be sure to tap on Start. The smartphone will now show that the XXLQE is being flashed on it. So all you need is some patience. After a couple of minutes tops, the device will show another thing, this time a message saying PASS; and this message will be joined by a green background.
- Step number six will make you do as follows: once the S Advance I9070 reboots and its home screen makes an entry, you need to disconnect it from your PC.
To verify if the firmware is on your GT-i9070 or you have to repeat the tutorial, go to the device’s Settings and tap on About phone. If the XXLQE firmware is in there, then you have no reason to worry.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.