Galaxy Q T589R should be the pick of people who are looking for a very easy to use smartphone which comes with good looks on the side. As a plus: it sports good specs and really nice features; such as a QWERTY keypad if you fancy such things.
This device is very easy to update to Android 2.2. Froyo. What to use in this case? Official firmware labelled UZKG2 that is featured in our tutorial here. There are many guides which require a rooted gadget for the steps in them to work; or they ask you to flash a custom recovery image on your device. Our tutorial is not one of those that come with such requests.
is what you need instead: a factory unlocked Galaxy Q T589R, USB drivers for this phone flashed on your notebook, a fully charged battery, a backup (via our guide) and USB debugging turned on. Because we are using an official tool for this guide, you should know that you are going to need to learn how to root the handset one more time to have root access again.
That was it for requirements. Be sure to follow the steps below now. They are the ones which will update your smartphone to the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system.
- For step one, your task should be this one: download Odin tool 1.85 and the on your PC and unzip the content of the second zip file. Next on the list: power the Galaxy Q T589R off.
- Step two should be all about the following actions: Download Mode is the mode which has to be reached. The way to do that: press and simultaneously hold the keys used for Volume Down and Power; don’t press them anymore after the logo of Android pops on the display. Next task for this step: your notebook should have the Odin launched on it.
- Step three will need you to plug the T589R to your laptop, then wait for an ID:COM box to become yellow; that translates into a successful plugging session between your two devices.
- Your concern for step four will be the following: click on the keys we will show below; after you do that, choose the files that pop on the screen. Here is how to approach this:
– click on PDA and opt for a file which boasts CODE in its name;
– click on Phone and choose the one file with MODEM in its name;
– click on CSC, then choose the file with CSC in its original name;
– click on PIT and opt for the file that reads .pit.
[sc name=”banner-jos”]After you do the above, ignore the instructions in case you don’t see any of the files, select the boxes that are called Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. The box whose name is Repartition will have to be selected when you opt for the .pit file (if you see it).
- Click on Start.
- Step six will tell you to wait for the UZKG2 to be flashed on your smartphone. The restarting of the handset will begin in step seven. Disconnect the Galaxy Q T589R from your laptop when the former shows you its home screen. The Android 2.2 Froyo is ready to be set into motion thanks to the UZKG2 official firmware.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.