Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 was expected to sport Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean when Samsung first offered it for sale. In the end, it didn’t ship with that version.
Then later on, the manufacturer remedied the mistake and released official firmware called XXAMC8 so that your smartphone can finally offer this operating system. People have been recently saying that Samsung is going to land an Android 4.2 update soon.
then, we are proposing a guide on what to do if you wish to update the Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 to the OS version we keep mentioning here. From what we have noticed so far, the XXAMC8 is here to make sure that the handset doesn’t deal with the old problems it used to go through; for one, you will see that there are no more bugs.
Also, the Camera app has been improved lots. Here is what you should first take care of before updating the smartphone to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: turn on USB debugging, charge the battery and make a backup.
The sooner you deal with those pre-requisites, the better. Once you are done with them, you should focus on the following steps.
- The one that arrives first on the scene demands the following from you: download and Odin tool 3.07. Then make room for them on your laptop’s desktop for faster access.
- The second step will need you to extract their content to the location we just mentioned for the download of the two archives. Now simply launch Odin on your comp.
- For step three to be fruitful, you will need to switch the phone off, then enter it in Download Mode by selecting at the same time the keys labelled Power and Volume Down; make sure you press and hold them at the same time for it to work.
- In step four you need to wait for a robot colored in green to appear on the display; which translates into the fact that the Mode you were after was entered in the correct fashion. Great, now you have to plug the phone to the laptop.
- In step number five, you shall have to see if the ID:COM icon becomes a shade of yellow; if yes, you should know that this means the following: the drivers for the Grand I9082 has just received its drivers.
- Click on PDA. Next stop is the sixth step, which tells you this: opt for .tar, which is the file that you extracted from the XXAMC8 Jellybean Firmware Pack.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The seventh step will require you to click on Start, then have some patience till the update is applied to your smartphone.
- The Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 is now going to reboot on its own, you don’t have to do anything. The device is now fully supporting the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via the XXAMC8.
Here is what you need to know if you run into issues. For instance, the I9082 can very well remain blocked into the booting stage.
To move on from that, you should put the battery of the handset back where it belongs, then repeat our tutorial. That needs to happen in the case of an infinite boot loop situation, too.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.