Sony Xperia S LT26i is recruiting a custom ROM called SlimBean Build 5 to update it to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. You will experience more translations, a hands-free cam and many more.
priority next will be to bear in mind these short requirements: charge the battery of your Xperia S LT26i, create backups using our instructions (and here we recommend you to backup the phone’s internal memory to a dedicated hard disk), use the smartphone which is both bootloader and carrier unlocked and enable USB debugging on the handset. It is also recommended to flash USB drivers for your smartphone on your usual PC.
- First step for this tutorial: download and ; they need to be featured on your laptop. Then you have to ensure the following fact: your phone and your laptop need to be connected to each other.
- Move on to step two now: copy the Google Apps package and the SlimBean Build 5 ROM to the SD card root of your handset and then unplug the devices from one another after the transfer is over.
- Step three: power the Xperia off and afterwards enter the device into Recovery Mode by rebooting the handset and pressing Volume Down while it’s booting (do it several times for it to work properly).
- The fourth step needs you to operate some much-needed tasks dealing with wiping the system. The first of them: opt for Factory reset/Wipe data and confirm “Yes“; then choose Wipe cache partition while you are back in the Recovery Menu. Now choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and that’s all.
- Step five will require the following from you: opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Step number six is going to ask you to select Choose zip from SD card. After performing these actions, be sure to choose, with Power, the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 5 ROM; after it’s flashed on your phone, you have to repeat what you did in steps five and this one; this way, the Google Apps package will also be flashed on your Xperia S LT26i.
- Wait a bit, then move on to the next step, the seventh one in our guide: return to the Recovery Menu.
- Step eight will tell you to opt for the system restarting option. After some 5 minutes pass, your smartphone will have been installed with the SlimBean Build 5 that ensures the presence of an updated phone. Go to “About phone” and see what the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is capable of offering!
If you’re not as excited about this update as you thought you would, it’s OK, because you can choose to return to its old ROM. Like this: boot the Xperia S LT26i into recovery, then be sure to choose Backup&Restore and after that choose the ROM you like by discovering it in a list.
If you don’t like the message saying “Status 7 error” on your phone’s display, then solve it by installing a compatible kernel and then flashing the SlimBean Build 5 ROM. But if your handset is either stuck on boot or runs across a boot loop, you need to do as follows: initiate, in this order, Wipe cache partition then a complete Wipe dalvik cache; reboot the handset after you’ve finished those tasks.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.