Updating Samsung’s Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 to Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is an easy task. One which we will describe in detail below if you want to find out how.
The helping hand comes in the form of a software called UVLE1 ICS 4.0. The latter only functions with a beta operating system. Or a custom ROM firmware. Besides the obvious job it was made for, this solution also makes it easy to retrieve the phone’s warranty. Those who have already given it a try said that the software delivered very good results. That includes almost no bugs.
use this method on a smartphone that isn’t the Galaxy S2 SGH-T989. Others did that and damaged their models. But using the right device is not the only requirement to assure that the installation goes smoothly. The user must also create a backup of the existent ROM. If you want to make a backup that includes the contacts on your phone, do a syncronyzation with Google services; should you wish to backup your text messages, download applications which are meant for this purpose. Restore apps are good, too. To backup Call logs for later use you need to employ the same restore and backup applications we mentioned earlier. The Internet is full of many good ones that you can use without problems.
The things you need to check in order to have a successful update aren’t that many. First things first: keep your Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, a laptop with Windows on it and the phone’s USB cord close. Enable the option known as USB debugging. Next, fully charge the smartphone. Last requirement is to see whether the antivirus programs on your phone and comp are running; if they are, uninstall them.
Next up are the steps you must follow to install the custom ROM needed to have an ICS 4.0 on your phone. Although they are not many, pay your utmost attention to them.
- First step is to and download the UVLE1 ICS 4.0. Another file you need to have is . These two are very important for the whole process. If you install only one of them, you won’t achieve anything.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Once this step is completed, step 2 is to download the files you just grabbed; then extract the Odin one and open it.
- For step 3 you have to reboot the phone; then you need to access the download mode by press the keys for Volume down button Center. At the same time you should use the button called Power.
- Next step is the fourth one, for which you will need to use the USB cable and connect the device to your laptop through it. This will make the ID:COM segment in the Odin become yellow. Should this not happen, do the following: install the necessary USB drivers in your laptop/PC and perform the previous step once more.
- For step 5 you are required to choose the PDA. After that you have to opt for . Then click on the option Start. After waiting 5-10 minutes, the phone will reboot.
- Step 6 (the last one): go into Recovery mode. Once there, do a full wipe.
And bam, your Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 is updated to the official UVLE1 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. Simple as that.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.