By reading this guide you will find out, as its title says, how to update Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 firmware.
The process will only require a bunch of steps (but not before we also tell you something about some requirements).
ensure the success of this procedure, your phone will need the following from you: the enabling of an option named USB Debugging, the creation of a backup (ROM Manager and KIES are to be avoided here), a rooted handset, a full charge of the battery and a device with its bootloader already unlocked. Below is the tutorial we bragged about not too long ago.
- It all starts with step one instructing you to do the following: and save it on the laptop you normally use.
- Step two will need you to plug the phone, with its USB cable, to that laptop; but there’s more: wait for the file we mentioned to be saved on your Nexus GT-I9250 from your computer. Once the transfer ends, you will have to unplug the gadgets from one another.
- For step three you are required to download an app called ROM Manager (it’s in Play Store). You will need this if you can’t restart the device into Recovery Mode. By the way: this mode can be reached if you press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down, Volume up and then individually press Power.
- Now that your handset is in the Recovery Mode, step four will ask you to opt for Install zip from SD card and then to select Choose zip from SD card. By doing this, you’ll be sure that the Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Pack is chosen.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step five sounds like this: choose the same archive by tapping on Volume and Power. The firmware will begin its installation process and you will have to wait until it’s done.
- A message that will tell you the installation of the file from the memory card was completed should appear on the display; once you see this message, you will need to opt for the following two options: Go Back and then choose the system restarting.
- Once you’ve selected both of them, the Nexus GT-I9250 will restart it into Normal Mode and you can see what the fuss regarding an update to the Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware is all about.
In the eventuality of a problem, the main point to follow is this: return to step 1 and redo the whole guide. Only so will you be able to successfully grab the update on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.