If you’re having second thoughts about whether or not to update your Motorola Droid 3 XT862 to a new Jelly Bean version, we say “go for it!”
And the name of the update to use on the phone is this: Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware. Our tutorial today is all about the requirements and steps needed for you to quickly enjoy this update on your device.
we are going to start by saying a couple of things about the pre-requisites: use a Droid 3 XT862 that is factory unlocked, install a custom recovery image on it (we recommend ClockworkMod Recovery), charge the battery, turn USB Debugging on, create a backup and also install USB Drivers on your laptop.
Having just been informed on the right requirements to prepare for this guide, you should now prepare for the steps below.
- We shall begin with step one. The main actions to comply with are these: after you find and Google Apps, from here, you will have to download them both on your comp. That’s all there is to it.
- Now plug your XT862 to the laptop and then move the two files, namely the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip and the GApps one, to this place: the handset’s root, located into the memory card. After being sent to the correct location, your next task is this: go to Google Play Store. When there, you should download ROM Manager and then launch it.
- Step three will advice you to restart the phone into Recovery Mode like this: tap Reboot into Recovery.
- After you’ve done that, you will have to face the fourth step, which asks you the following: wipe data, press Power to opt for “Flash zip from SD card” and opt for “Choose zip from SD card” by pressing Power for the second time around.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]As soon as you are done with these actions, you you will be directed to step number five: when you’ve reached the Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file again, you have to press Power so that you can choose it.
- Then you need to initiate the installation process; now repeat steps four (starting with “press Power to opt for (…)” and five to safely install the Google Apps package. Return to +++++Go Back.
- Step seven will offer these instructions: go to the phone’s Recovery Menu and opt for the system restarting. After the device’s been rebooted, the Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware update will be available for your Motorola Droid 3 XT862 at long last.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.