You should be on your toes reading this guide if you wish to upgrade your LG Optimus 4X HD P880 to the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. CM10.2 Nightly custom ROM is the firmware that we want you to install on your phone in order to get this update.
That is because the tool is specifically made to incorporate many awesome features and the like. Together, they will improve the performance of your device, multiply the ways you can customize it, experience longer battery life and so on. The new ROM delivers a great degree of stability, too. You will not encounter serious security issues while using it.
we can tell you how to update the LG Optimus 4X HD P880, we shall initiate you in the following requirements:
- charge the battery of your handset;
- use the bootloader and carrier unlocked model;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- create a normal backup and a NANDroid one on the side (via this guide);
- download the and Gapps archive on your notebook (available here);
- install USB drivers for this smartphone on the laptop.
- Start the update steps by grabbing the USB cord of the phone. Use it to have the handset connected to the laptop, then return your attention to the latter; from its desktop, be sure to transfer the two downloaded packages to the smartphone’s SD card root.
- Unplug the devices from among themselves after the copy + paste is done. Turn your LG P880 off.
- Enter this device into Recovery Mode by making sure you simultaneously press + hold Volume Down + Power.
- Once you are in the Recovery Mode, access Recovery Menu and do as follows: choose “Factory Reset/Wipe Data“. Confirm it with “Yes”, return to the Recovery Menu and, from it, opt for “Wipe Cache Partition“.
- After waiting a bit, you should go to “Advance“; now choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache“. Two options will need to be selected next: “Install zip from SD card” along with “Choose zip from SD card“.
- Go to the CyanogenMod 10.2 .zip archive is saved. Then use “Power” to opt for it and after that is done, you must confirm this file’s flashing when a display pops up.
- After this firmware has been installed on your phone, you should remember to install the Google Apps archive; the latter will be flashed on the device once you redo the steps which installed the CM10.2 Nightly ROM on the LG Optimus 4X HD P880 before.
- The handset must reboot if you want it to be properly updated. For this, you need to return to the Recovery Menu, then look for the Restart option; when you spot that option, choose it and wait for the first boot to end.
- If this process takes more than 15 minutes, you have a problem. Which can be solved like this: opt for “Wipe Cache Partition” and then for “Wipe Dalvik Cache“; you will afterwards have to reboot the handset to completely solve the issue.
But, if the booting takes less than 15 minutes, you are lucky: the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM is installed on your phone. The firmware should be on your device’s “About Phone“. Go and look for it in there to make sure the tutorial went well.
NOTE: If you want to have a taste of the old ROM again, you should do this first: boot your device into Recovery. Second: opt for “Backup & Restore”, then wait until a list appears on the display. Third: choose the ROM you are after. Fourth step: wait for the tool to be back on the Optimus 4X P880.
But on the contrary, if you don’t want that and instead you see a “Status 7 error” message, you can always flash a related kernel on the device, then flash the CM10.2 Nightly custom ROM on it.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.