LG Nexus 4 E960 will have, with today’s guide, a chance at Android 4.4. How, you ask? With KitKat KRT16O stock Factory Image.
This firmware that we want to upgrade your tablet with has many added bonuses. Besides the obvious goodies that come with the new OS, you will also receive stuff like options to make your handset very easy to customize till you have the smartphone of your dreams, new apps to test out, a battery whose life will be able to last more than it does this moment and a performance that is much enhanced. The new firmware can also help you install custom ROMs you’ve never thought to have on your Google Nexus 4.
multitude of features, tweaks and so on can be found on your smartphone only if you go through with our update guide. Which is why we prepared a bunch of steps that shall make the update that much easier to obtain. For now, however, we give you this set of requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- flash on your notebook (or computer) along with Fastboot and ADB;
- use the bootloader unlocked LG Nexus 4 E960;
- make a backup via these instructions;
- use the phone that has its battery fully charged.
How to unlock the phone
Next: follow the guidelines we have for you so that you can unlock your phone with the help of “adb”.
- Start by plugging the E960 to the laptop (or PC) and then go to this location: Platform-Tools under the SDK. Follow this up by doing as follows: press + hold “Shift” on the keyboard while simultaneously right-clicking on a white space inside the folder.
- Next task: opt, from the right-click Context Menu, for “Open Command Prompt Window Here”, then enter
What comes after this is as follows: enter
adb reboot bootloader
and unlock the bootloader by typing
fastboot oem unlock
- Now be sure to press “Enter” when you are done. Continue with this action: opt for “Yes” when you spot it, then confirm by pressing “Power”.
- Wait to land in the phone’s Bootloader Menu and that will be all. Below you will be shown how to install the KitKat Factory Image on your handset.
How to install the image on your device
- To begin with, make sure you have the downloaded (file name: occam-krt16o-factory-75ccae7a.tgz) + saved on your notebook or personal comp. Make sure this file is unzipped and you are left with this: occam krt16o .zip file. You should now transfer the files to this place: SDK/ Platforms-tools, which is a directory.
- After the copy and paste procedure is over, you need to employ a Text Editor for the next step. Which should happen like this: right-click on flash-all.bat if you own a comp running Windows or right-click on flash-all.sh in case you’re working with a laptop that uses Linux or Mac as an OS.
- After you’re done editing the file, you don’t have to run it next. Instead, just erase, from the fastboot update, the “-w” and then backup the file you just had to edit.
- What we urge you to do next is to launch a Command Line Window; make sure it’s launched in the folder called Platform-tools.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For now, we recommend you to type in “flash-all.bat” and remember to press “Enter” when you are over with this stage. The flashing should start and end after a few minutes when your LG Nexus 4 should restart in Normal Mode.
- Once it does as such, you should make sure that the Command Prompt is closed. Proceed, next, to the unplugging of your handset from the laptop.
- If you think you’re done, you can access to your Gmail account; then type in, there, your personal information and you’re all set: the Android 4.4 KRT16O stock Factory Image is on the LG E960 in your hands. To be sure of the firmware’s presence, you should go to “Settings”, open “About phone” and look for the version of the OS your phone is using.
Update done! Find out all about the goodies inside your handset.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.