We would like to teach all owners of Google Nexus 10 how to update this tablet to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean SlimBean Build 8 ROM.
the tutorial to offer you what you want, you should first dedicate your time to fulfilling the pre-requisites displayed as a list below:
- the Nexus 10 should be the variant whose bootloader is not at all locked;
- use only the carrier unlocked tablet;
- create a backup via this guide (make a full NANDroid backup, too);
- turn on a particular mode that’s called USB debugging;
- charge the tablet’s battery;
- flash, on your laptop, the USB drivers that work only with your tablet.
How to flash SlimBean on Nexus 10
- You need to first download Google Apps as well as the on your notebook; after the tablet is plugged to the comp, your task is this: move the files from this paragraph from their original location to the tablet’s SD card root and leave both of them unzipped. The end of this transfer should make you do as follows: unplug the devices.
- Turn the Samsung Nexus 10 off and perform the following so that your tablet lands in Recovery Mode:
– boot the tablet into Bootloader;
– use the buttons for Volume to go to Recovery Mode;
– use “Power” to opt for this.
- Now its very important to operate the following tasks:
– opt for “Factory reset/Wipe data“;
– confirm the operation;
– go to the tablet’s Recovery Menu;
– choose “Wipe cache partition“;
– wait again;
– choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
- Another crucial move you should be doing now: choose “Install zip from SD card” and also “Choose zip from SD card“.
- Do this after you’ve opted for those: prepare to flash the SlimBean Build 8 ROM zip file. Which will happen after you do as instructed underneath:
– find it first;
– press Power to choose it;
– confirm the flashing;
– wait for the installation to reach its end.
- The Google Apps is easy to installed as well, since all you need to do is repeat the steps that flashed the other update firmware on the Nexus 10.
- As soon as these zip files end their installation journey, you can return to the Recovery Menu of your tablet. There, reboot the device by choosing its restarting options and then have patience until you experience the first boot. If this takes more than 15 minutes, something didn’t go quite that well, so you need to repeat the tutorial all over again.
But, if the booting takes less than 15 minutes, you can go to the device’s About tablet; the Android 4.2.2 JB SlimBean Build 8 custom firmware is there. Give it a spin!
NOTE: If, after that spin, you miss your phone’s old ROM, good news: there is a method by which you can enjoy it again. Here it is:
- take your tablet and enter it in Recovery Mode;
- look for “Backup&Restore“;
- opt for the latter;
- look around for a list that shall pop up on the touchscreen;
- it contains your ROM, so select it and it will be on your device once more.
It is extremely easy to solve “Status 7 error” if you’re experiencing it:
- search for a related kernel;
- install it on the Nexus 10;
- install the update firmware.
Likewise, there is a solution which will make sure your tablet does not remain stuck in boot loop:
- select “Wipe cache partition“;
- choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache“;
- restart your Nexus 10.
You can now breathe a sigh of relief: all your troubles are officially gone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.