In case the performance of your Galaxy Young GT-S6310 needs some improvement or new features, you will have to get the latest Android 4.1.2 on it by installing XXAMK1 official firmware.
This firmware first came out last year in December. It works especially well if you live in Spain and use the Galaxy Young S6310. The reason we recommend this new firmware is due to the fact that it offers all kinds of advantages.
The only way they will be experienced by your device is if it’s the model we indicated. If, by chance, your phone is a different version, the update won’t work on it; on the contrary, it will brick it.
Here is what the XXAMK1 stock firmware brings along: group cast, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation, mini apps, a fixed frame of 60 fps, free style widget and an enhanced new keyboard for your typing needs.
The new firmware allows you to grab the upgrade via Samsung’s KIES, too, if you want to. That’s due to the fact that the KIES logo is activated. To update your handset with this software, make sure it’s running a stock ROM. The bad thing about getting the new firmware is that it comes not only with advantages, but also with cons.
The main ones: your device’s root access will be revoked (only if the Galaxy Young is rooted) and the system partition will be erased. Even if there are disadvantages of this kind, you should be aware of the following: both the important data as well as the phone’s internal/external SD cards won’t be affected.
The following is a list made of pre-requisites you need to take into account before updating your smartphone:
- charge the battery of your Galaxy Young GT-S6310 if the battery status tells you it’s necessary to do that;
- make sure the laptop you use is running Windows;
- disable those security programs running on the handset and the laptop;
- make standard backups and then create a full NANDroid one, using this tutorial;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- download USB drivers that are available for your phone from this page on the laptop.
Step by step instructions
You will be able to begin the upgrade steps after you’re done with these requirements.
- In case you are already, start by looking for these packages online, then download them on the laptop: Odin 3.09 from this location and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMK1 firmware (the Spain version is available for download ).
- Should the download is finished, be sure the two are saved as well, then move on to this step: extract, with WinZip or WinRar, the packages, then be sure to enter the smartphone in Download Mode by pressing and holding, at the same time, the buttons labelled Home, Volume Down and Power, look around for a screen of warning and, when it appears, press Volume Up instead of the three keys.
- The next part is dedicated to these tasks: after Odin is launched as Admin, you have to use the phone’s USB cable to create a connection between the Galaxy Young GT-S6310 and the notebook.
- If everything turns out well, you should come across these: a yellow ID:COM box and a message saying “Added!!”. If the connection is not establishing itself, you should try using another USB port; or you could install the USB drivers again on your laptop.
- But if there’s no need for that, you can tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Once all of the previous actions has been thoroughly done, you can go and check some boxes. They are three and they will have these names next to them: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time.
- As soon as you’ve activated them all, you should tap “Start“. Once you are done with this, the Galaxy Young GT-S6310 shall begin to flash the required new firmware.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]When the XXAMK1 is part of your handset, the latter shall restart; and, when it does that, its display is going to have “Pass” on it in a green background. The last thing you need to do is the following: unplug your Samsung S6310 from your laptop.
Feel free to use the NANDroid backup file if you wish to restore the old ROM on your device. But be careful: by doing this, the update will be revoked.
Also, feel free to leave comments and ask us questions in the comment section below this post.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.