Yes, there is a way to bring the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wi-Fi+3G GT-P6800. How exactly, you ask? Simple: via a custom ROM, as usual.
This custom ROM is made possible with the help of DakiX, a member on the XDA Developers forum. He created it and gave it the name of Nexness PRO custom ROM. The ROM was born from a combo of AOSP sources and CyanogenMod 10. This custom ROM has been zipaligned, deodexed and also rooted. And is based on Jelly Bean build JRO03H.
you cannot wait to get the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update, then you should go and install the Nexness PRO ROM. But not before following some simple rules: don’t think of installing this ROM on devices that are not Samsung’s Galaxy 7.7 Wi-Fi+3G GT-P6800. If you do install it on other models from other companies, then your phone will be in trouble. Then you should check and see whether or not your tablet has ClockworkMod Recovery pre-installed on it. If the answer is yes, then download these files to the laptop/PC you use: (a file called gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip) and . If you don’t see the ClockworkMod Recovery anywhere, grab it.
There are tutorials on the Internet on how to do that. Next, do a backup of those things that are on your device that you consider of the utmost importance. Final requirement is to see if the battery is fully charged (or at least over 70%). If it is not, then charge it asap.
If you made sure that your tablet meets all the above requirements, you are free to install the Nexness PRO custom ROM on your tablet. And the steps to follow are below.
- In the beginning you will need to copy the GApps pack from here and the ROM files to the internal memory card of the gadget.
- After this procedure you have to switch it off; this is step 2.
- The third step is to enter into the ClockworkMod Recovery mode, which is a simple process: simply select and keep pressed the buttons labeled Power and Volume Up at the same time. As a consequence, the device will come to life. That’s the cue for releasing your finger from the Power key. The key for Volume up still needs to be pressed. You can stop it once the tablet enter into ClockworkMod Recovery booting mode (at this stage of the installation process, if you want to do a selection, press the key for Power; should you wish to scroll either down or up: press the buttons for Volume).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For step 4 you need to choose Factory reset/Wipe data. This needs to be confirmed on the the next level.
- Step 5: Opt for Advanced and then for Wipe Dalvik cache; do a confirmation of this on the screen that will appear next.
- Step 6 consists of selecting the installation of the ZIP file from the internal SD card. After that you must choose the ZIP file from the SD card. And then choose the ROM’s ZIP file; this also needs a confirmation that you intend to have it installed.
- For step 7 you have to install the GApps pack like you did for the sixth step.
- The eighth step says that you need to go back to the tablet’s recovery menu.
- For the final step of the update you have to restart the entire operating system. Doing this is going to make the device turn on.
From what we know, this custom ROM has not received negative reviews so far. Its advantage is that it offers tweaks and also features of the best quality, capable to offer the update to the newest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean operating system on your Galaxy Tab GT-P6800. You will not see unnecessary things on it.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.