If your tablet happens to be Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 and you live in either Taiwan or Hong Kong, Android 4.1.2 can be yours for grabs. Find out how in our guide.
What we are using for this update process is ZSAMH1, which is the official firmware. With it on-board of your tablet, you will explore lots of exciting and new possibilities that your device was not able to deliver before the update.
The developer of this firmware had the idea of making it easy to install on both rooted and unrooted versions of your tablet. Likewise, if you wish to know how to get the warranty back, you can use this tool without any trouble. Should your Galaxy Tab 3 T211 be rooted, its root access shall go away; the bootloader of your gadget shall become locked again. To reverse these, you will have to root the gadget again.
make sure you experience a pleasant and smooth upgrade process, we have these requirements for you:
- turn on USB Debugging on your tablet (by tapping Settings, then Applications, choosing Development and then opting for the USB Debugging one);
- create a backup (or as many as are necessary to save all the important data on your gadget);
- charge the battery of your T211;
- turn off every program that protects your tablet from viruses;
- do the same for your laptop or PC;
- flash those USB drivers which are appropriate for the type of device you own on your laptop;
- flash Samsung KIES on the same notebook or comp;
- download the (file name: T211ZSAMH1_T211OZSAMH1_BRI.zip) on your notebook.
How to flash ZSAMH1 on your tablet
- First step to complete towards a successful update: download Odin v3.07 on the laptop (the file is available here) , extract it, then unzip the update package on the same device.
- Next: run the Odin on the laptop and have your gadget boot into Download Mode by following these steps: power the SM-T211 off, press Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously and after that let go of these keys because you will have arrived in the Download Mode.
- Now plug the tablet to your notebook and wait for the Odin to tell you that the operation was successful. If you don’t see “Added!!” or a yellow COM box number, it’s time to consider the following two solutions: use another USB port this time or flash the USB drivers one more time.
- Now you will be asked to move on by opting for PDA and afterwards uncheck F. Reset Time and Re-partition if they are selected by default.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Tap START and the installation of the firmware package shall commence. When PASS in green will come on the screen, you will need to unplug the tablet from the PC. Then wait for the Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 to restart. After the tablet reboots, it will have the Android 4.1.2 ZSAMH1 firmware inside its “About tablet“.
NOTE: At some point or another, the gadget may remain stuck in one or several boot loops. To get it out of that, you have to restart the device in the Recovery Mode, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then choose Wipe Cache Partition and end by doing this: from the Recovery, select the “Restart” option.
If, however, your tablet remains stuck, you should first do as follows: power it off, then disconnect it from your laptop. Second: force restart it and flash the USB drivers again. Repeat the guide and the tablet should get rid of this issue.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.