CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 ROM has just been released. This tool will update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
This means that you will be able, if you own this gadget, to experience the purest Android version of them all. But, to gain access to this possibility, you first have to learn how to update the device to this OS. And our tutorial will accompany you on this journey.
for now, let’s see what requirements you’ll have to check: turn on USB Debugging on the tablet, install the correct USB Drivers for this gadget on your laptop, use a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 that has been rooted (and installed with either CWM Recovery or TWRP), create a backup (it’s better to save all your important data and apps), use a factory unlocked model, charge the device’s battery and perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe.
The pre-requisites are now history. The elements to concentrate on now are the steps that will update the P5113 to the desired Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 ROM.
- All that you need to perform for step one is shown here: and then GApps, from here on your laptop. Now do what needs to be done so that the tablet and the comp are plugged to one another (aka: use the USB card that comes with the Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to enable this). Afterwards, do as follows: copy the CM10.1 M2 ROM zip together with the GApps zip files from their location on your laptop to the gadget’s root SD card.
- When done, step two awaits; and it says this: switch the tablet off. After you also unplug it from your comp, you need to turn it back on.
- When it’s switched on, you should press + hold, at the same time, the keys for Power and Volume Down.
- As soon as the tablet is in Recovery Mode, the fourth step of our guide will ask you the following: after you initiate a tablet’s data wipe, you have to opt for something called Flash zip from SD card with the help of the Power button. Next up: select Choose zip from SD card by pressing the same Power key.
- For step number five you need to opt for the CM10.1 M2 ROM zip file with Power and confirm this action. When done with the previous operation, you need to install the Google Apps zip file on your tablet by choosing it via Power; when done, confirm.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Now have patience until the installation of the two zip files on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 ends. When it does that, you will be required to hit +++++Go Back.
- The next step will recommend you to find, in the device’s recovery menu, Reboot System Now; when you locate this option, choose it by tapping on it. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 shall reboot of its own accord. After it’s done with that, you can rest assured that your gadget is updated to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. All thanks to the tool called CyanogenMod 10.1 M2. And all you needed were seven steps.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.