A leaked version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will make it soon on your Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. And that’s with the help of our guide that takes UCUEMJ6 ROM and plants it on your phone via a couple of steps that you must absolutely follow.
advice, for the time being, is to look at this group of requirements:
- root your handset, via this tutorial;
- get a custom recovery for it, from here;
- charge the battery of your AT&T Galaxy S4;
- make backups using this guide;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- open your laptop and flash USB drivers for your phone on it, from here.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
What we have in store for your next is made up of the steps that will update your device.
- So download (Bloatware) and the on your notebook, leave them unzipped and then plug your Samsung I337 to the latter so that you can do as follows: transfer the two downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone and, when the transfer is all over, unplug the devices from one another.
- When the handset is turned off, you should proceed to this task: enter your phone in Recovery Mode by pressing and simultaneously holding Home + Volume Up +Power; once you see the Recovery screen pop up, you will land in the necessary mode, so make a full NANDroid backup next as described below.
- If your phone runs TWRP, you should create that backup by pressing “Backup“, choosing what system files to backup and then confirming the saving process about to happen. Should CWM run on your phone, you should opt for Backup & Restore and after that backup the file on the internal storage of your smartphone.
- We now recommend you to apply something otherwise known as factory reset. This is done in the following manner if you work with the TWRP: after you are done tapping “Wipe”, we ask you to choose Swipe to Factory Reset. But, if the CWM is what you like, you should first opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm. After the factory reset part of our guide is done, move on to the actual flashing of the update file.
- The installation of this particular custom ROM is done by way of this guide (if your handset is accustomed to the CWM): after you choose the options Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card, you should confirm the flashing of the update file after you’ve selected it. But if the TWRP is the custom recovery you chose, then press “Install” and confirm the flashing of the file once you’ve gone where it is and opted for it.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]To have the other file installed on the I337, just redo the steps that got you the new Jelly Bean leaked ROM.
- The moment you have the two files on the phone, you should go back to the Recovery screen and restart the device. The handset should show its home screen next, so go to the Gmail account you possess and type in your info there.
When you see that this new ROM is not up to scratch, you will have to use the NANDroid backup file to get the old ROM restored.
Should the Galaxy S4 I337 enter boot loops, you can do this: take your phone, remove its battery unit, put it back in after some seconds and redo the guide from beginning till the last step. It’s best to re-install either only the UCUEMJ6 custom ROM or both files.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.