Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 is easily upgrade-able to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMG8 official firmware. The method we shall use on this phone is described in full detail in today’s tutorial.
should begin with you paying full attention to these pre-requisites:
- the GT-I9195 must be the version whose booloader and carrier are both unlocked;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- flash USB drivers for the handset on your laptop;
- charge the battery;
- create a NANDroid backup (via this guide) and a regular one.
If your laptop does not have Windows on board, you have to download CrossOver Utility on it before you start the guide.
How to flash Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 Mini
From here on we will give you all the steps for your phone’s upgrade.
- First on the list is this task: download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUAMG8 firmware (the file is available in multiple versions: , , , , , , , , and ) and Odin tool on the notebook (the tool is available here), then continue with the unzipping of these two packages. The turn your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 off.
- After that you will be urged to use the following steps so that the device is booted into Download Mode: press and simultaneously hold Home, Volume Down and Power, then stop when Android’s logo appears and finish by pressing Volume Up.
- For the next move you have to run Odin tool v3.07.exe as Admin; the right method for this: right-click on odin.exe and afterwards choose, from the handset’s Context Menu, the option called “Run as administrator“.
- With the phone’s USB cord in your hand, connect the former to the laptop and wait for a favorable sign; which will be either an “Added!!” sign or a yellow COM port number.
- Flash the USB drivers again if the connection fails to happen; or try a different USB port this time. When the devices have finally established a connection, you can continue the guide by clicking on some buttons that will lead to some files appearing on the display.
- Choose those files if you see them; if you don’t see them, just move on the next steps. Here are those actions: click on “PDA“, choose a file that has CODE in the name, tap “Phone“, opt for a file sporting MODEM in the name, tap on “CSC” and opt for a CSC file, then click on “PIT” and choose the file which boasts .pit.
- For now, choose these boxes: Auto Reboot, Re-partition (for the file with the .pit extension) and F. Reset Time. Then click on “Start” and the installation of the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUAMG8 is going to begin.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]As this process is nearing its end, the handset shall reboot. After it does that, it shall also display a message that says “PASS”, which is akin to you unplugging the I9195 from your PC. Once the devices are apart from one another, you should launch “Settings“, open “About Phone” and then check the official firmware out.
NOTE: Some of the times, the phone or tablet you have updated may run into trouble. Likewise, your handset can get stuck in the South Korean’s logo or, in some cases, in boot animation.
Taking care of this is easy. All that needs to be done is this: opt for “Factory reset/Wipe data” and then select “Wipe cache partition“. Then reboot the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.