In case you think there’s something missing when using your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L (Latin), we recommend an update. This procedure is the missing link between what your device is built to do and what it can do if you help it with the right firmware. Which is why we have Android 4.2.2 UBUBMK3 official firmware for you and your smartphone.
The official release date of the high-end Galaxy S4 Mini I9195L is June 2013. The new Jelly Bean appeared on the market last month, not a moment too soon.
This official tool should only be used if you live in Colombia (Movistar) and Mexico (Telcel). The version for Mexico is not activated via KIES, whereas the Colombia one is. So, while you can’t use the KIES software and check for the update if you’re based in the first country, you can do so if you’re based in Colombia.
It should be mentioned that this update guide will work only if your phone is the one we mentioned at the beginning of our post. Otherwise you’ll brick the firmware that runs inside a different model you want to apply the update to.
You can install the latest stock update if your device is running a custom ROM and you can’t locate an update via OTA (over the air) with the Software
Update button under Settings menu or the via the KIES method. You can use Samsung’s KIES software and check for the update yourself if you want to. This method will work only for smartphone that are already running a stock ROM.
Once the smartphone is running the new firmware, its root access is going to be revoked. The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUBMK3 stock firmware won’t go erasing files that are on your phone.
Should the latter be rooted already and sporting a custom ROM, you will be able to successfully update it; but the phone’s system partition will, however, be wiped. The phone’s internal / external SD cards are not going to be affected.
The update will bring the following on your handset: a series of features that are all new, tweaks to customize the device, a series of new applications, a longer battery life and so on.
Below you will find all the requirements which will prepare the handset for the upgrade:
- disable the security programs featured on your phone and notebook for this tutorial;
- check your phone’s battery status and charge the unit in case it needs that;
- use only a PC or laptop that runs Windows OS;
- create a regular backup and a full NANDroid one, from this page;
- install USB drivers for the smartphone on your laptop;
- enable USB Debugging;
- keep the USB cable of your handset nearby.
As soon as you’ve read all about our pre-requisites, you should follow the steps below to update your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195L.
- Go online and locate these files: Android 4.2.2 UBUBMK3 official firmware (download the Colombia version and the Mexico version ) and Odin tool v3.07 from this page. Have both of them downloaded on your laptop or PC, then do this: extract the two files on the latter’s desktop.
- When you are done, you should enter the smartphone in Download Mode by pressing and holding, simultaneously, Volume Down and Home and press Power until Android displays its logo; press Power a second time afterwards.
- Launch, next, the Odin3 3.07 on the notebook. Now be sure to plug your phone to your laptop and wait. When the connection has been established, you will see an “Added!!” as well as this: an ID:COM that should become yellow. The connection process may not be successful. As such, you can try flashing the USB drivers again or use another USB port.
- You will need to do this for the next step: tap PDA, opt for a file that has CODE in the name, tap Phone, select a file with MODEM in the name, click on CSC, choose that file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and look for a file with a .pit extension; when you see it, opt for it.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You should also select some boxes; they are Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. To kick start the update, you must now tap “Start“. The handset will, after a couple of minutes, restart and display “Pass“; make sure it’s not connected to the laptop anymore after the home screen pops up.
Remember the NANDroid backup file you had to create? Use it to revoke the process and restore your phone to its old firmware in case you don’t like the new one.
Your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L is officially updated. You can leave a comment in the field below in case there are problems to report.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.