There had to be a time when Galaxy S4 i9505 joined the rest of the smartphones and got an updated operating system. Which is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version. PACman is the kind of custom firmware whose job is to show you what the latest Android OS is all about.
The tool in question lets you enjoy, in one single place, a wide range of features which are offered by many custom ROMs. And it helps that this particular firmware is much loved by many people who have used it so far for their gadgets. The PACman custom ROM is unique, in that it comes with options that are found in 3 different ROMs: ParanoidAndroid, AOKP ans CyanogenMod.
PACman allows you to play with options around until you get the sort of interface you would like to experience the most. Apart from small bugs that won’t affect the system of your Galaxy S4, this custom firmware delivers great stability.
To get an updated Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you should first consider the following requirements: have your Galaxy S4 rooted and then find a custom recovery image to flash on it (we recommend ClockworkMod Recovery, or CWM Recovery in short), gather the most important content on your smartphone right now and save it via a backup or several, look at the battery icon and charge the unit if it shows less than 60% charged, turn on USB debugging on your Galaxy S4 i9505 and flash the sort of USB drivers that are meant for this model on your laptop. To enable the USB debugging option, you should go to Menu, tap on Settings, then on Applications and choose Developer Options.
- And off we go with this guide. The very first task you will be required to operate is this one: download and Google Apps from this page on your notebook. Once the archives are on your comp, you need to plug the phone to it; the right tool to do that is the USB cable that comes with the Galaxy S4 i9505.
- The zip files that are located on your PC should be taken from there and moved to a different place, namely the SD card of the smartphone. The content that is inside both the Google Apps and the PACman ROM does not need to be unzipped.
- Instead, you should do the following: power the handset off after you unplug it from the notebook, then boot the smartphone into Recovery Mode; we do this kind of operation like this: we simultaneously press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power, then we let go of them when we see the display flash.
- In case you haven’t done a complete NANDroid backup, do it now by opting for Backup & Restore and then tapping Backup. After you are done with this, you have to choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Confirm this, then perform another wiping task by selecting Wipe Cache Partition. The last task whose aim is to wipe the phone’s system will happen only if you opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After you choose Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card, you need to install the PACman ROM zip file. Confirm this, then wait for it to be flashed on the S4 i9505.
- Repeat what we instructed you to do in this paragraph in order to flash the Gapps, too. Return to the phone’s Recovery Menu. “Reboot system now” is the option to select so that the phone is booted into the PACman firmware.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.