Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 can have something new in store for you: an update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The secret to grabbing the OMEGA 3.1 custom ROM that will update your device lies in today’s guide.
The sort of tool that was made especially for this smartphone comes with a set of very important features and such. Some of them: improves flash player accessibility (through Boat Browser), multi-task manager, no limit on contacts to messages, Omega files, BusyBox and so on.
pre-requisites that you should be considering for this guide are as follows: root your Galaxy S4 I9505 and flash either ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, turn on USB debugging on the smartphone, clear data only in case your handset runs a custom ROM, charge the battery of the device, make a backup of the phone’s data and a NANDroid one (for the operating system that’s on the smartphone), sync Contacts with the Gmail account you have and if you run XXUAME2 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 don’t do what we tell you about a Factory Reset operation.
No more requirements for now. Instead, keep your eyes peeled for the steps you will see shortly.
- Start by locating, downloading and then saving on the desktop of your notebook. Then download Gapps archive for JB 4.2.2 from here in the same spot; however, be careful: you needn’t unzip its content.
- Concern yourself with the following instructions: plug the smartphone to your laptop, then transfer the two zip files from their place to the SD card of the Galaxy S4 I9505. Wait for the copy + paste part to be over, then just unplug the devices from each other and switch the phone off.
- Having just done that, enter the device into the custom recovery mode by pressing the following: Volume Up, Home and Power together; when the logo of the recovery image appears, you need to let go of all three keys.
- After the handset is in the Recovery Mode, you can move on to the next task that goes like this: in case your Galaxy S4 I9505 runs a different custom ROM than the stock XXUAME2 that we mentioned, you have to tap Wipe followed by swiping the key reading “Swipe” to Factory Reset; in case the stock XXUAME2 is already on your handset, then proceed to the next step.
- Which is this one: press Install. Look for the Omega zip file and then have it loaded into the custom recovery you chose; tap Add more zips.
- Now locate the Gapps zip file; flash it by choosing it, then select “Swipe to Confirm Flash”. A bit of waiting is required now, then go back to the Recovery menu; press “Reboot” while you are there and opt for System.
- Wait once more, because the GT-I9505 needs to boot into Normal Mode via the Omega custom ROM. When that’s done, you can enter the details of your Google Account. And that’s all, folks.
Should the Android 4.2.2 JB disappoint, we recommend the following:
- boot into Recovery Mode;
- get back to the stock ROM via the NANDroid backup file.
NOTE: Should you see that the first boot phase isn’t going well, you need to do as follows:
- switch your handset off (aka: take its battery out);
- wait 5 seconds and put it back inside the smartphone;
- boot the device into Recovery Mode;
- opt for Wipe;
- apply Factory Reset;
- have some patience;
- at the end of the process you need to repeat our guide starting with the very first step.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.