Galaxy S4 E300S (Korean version) is no more a smartphone without an update. From today you will be able to use it with Android 4.2.2 JB. The tutorial for today is going to use KSUAMDK official firmware.
give it up for requirements: charge the battery of the phone, create backups and include a backup of the internal memory to an external hard drive or memory card, use the model that’s fully unlocked, use a comp that has Windows installed (it not, use CrossOver Utility for either your Linux or your Mac-running notebook), flash USB drivers for the handset on your laptop and enable USB debugging.
- The guide kicks off with step 1: download and Odin tool on your PC.
- Have these two unzipped and locate some files called .tar.md5 and Odin .exe. Switch the Galaxy S4 SHV-E300S off.
- Enter the handset in Download Mode; which task should be performed like this: press + hold, simultaneously, Home, Volume Up and Power. Run the Odin .exe as Administrator: select the odin.exe file, use the right click on mouse then choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Prepare to plug your Galaxy S4 E300S to the laptop an; once a COM port whose number is yellow and “Added!!” are on the screen, you should move to step 5; here is what to do if the connection between your two devices was not successful: flash, again, the USB Drivers or use a different USB port.
- Click on the buttons we will indicate and then choose the files that will appear after you do that. Here are the instructions:
– click PDA and a file which contains CODE in its name will be spotted;
– click on Phone and a file with MODEM in its title shall be displayed;
– click on CSC and wait for a file with CSC in its name to appear;
– click on PIT and a file named .pit will come on-screen next.
Don’t worry if the files don’t show up. Now activate F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot alike, then also check mark Repartition should you have chosen the .pit file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 6 should happen like this: hit Start.
- Step seven will tell you to wait for the installation to start; next up: the Galaxy S4 SHV-E300S is going to reboot. After PASS is on your display, you should disconnect the E300S from the laptop and then just go to Settings, tap on “About phone” and the KSUAMDK official firmware will show up on your phone. And, in consequence, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 will begin to function as intended.
Your next concern should be to know how to react if the handset surprises you with problems. What could happen: the phone might either refuse to come out of its Samsung logo or it could be blocked at booting stage.
These kind of issues will get resolved in a favorable way once you go to the Recovery Menu of your device, operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then perform Wipe Cache Partition; when you are done, choose the system restarting option.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.