We continue our series of “How to” by giving our readers a helping hand in the way in which to update their Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 version to the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
All of the above instructions and guidelines relate to an official way to get the newest Android operating system on Galaxy S3 T999. So everyone who wants this update can be sure that they will not have problems during the process and after it. The name of the helper is AOKP Jelly Bean ROM. But before you start with the installation, you have to be aware that what we are going to write applies only if you own the Galaxy SIII. The instructions here should only be used if you have a Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 from T-Mobile. Because if you go through this whole process while using a different smartphone, you run the serious risk of ruining it and having to get another one. The instructions posted here may very well fail to work on your phone. So be careful before following the steps we will add shortly. It won’t be our fault if your phone won’t work anymore.
is a set of requirements that your device must feature. Like having a ClockworkMod Recovery already installed and a phone USB cable close at hand. Then the user will have to download these to his or her PC or laptop: one of these or GApps files package (available here). The battery of the device will have to be charged over 75%. Every important data on the smartphone needs to be backed up. Because if the update goes wrong, then you will lose all of it just like that.
OK, here go the instructions. Follow them carefully one by one to make sure that everything is in order.
- First things first: be sure to move the Google Apps package and the AOKP ROM archive to the internal memory of the phone.
- Next step is to shut down the phone and then restart it in the ClockworkMod Recovery mode (the best way to do that: press awhile simultaneously holding down the Home, Volume Up and Power keys together; that way, the display will appear). Something we have to add here is the fact that navigation can be done via the buttons for Volume; selecting something while in the Recovery mode is done via the key for power.
- The third step is to perform a full NANDroid backup of the ROM that is on the phone using this method. This is done by choosing the Backup&Restore after which you need to opt for Backup.
- Fourth step consists in the selection of Factory reset/Wipe data and then the confirmation on the screen that will appear.
- After this happens, the fifth step is to select the installation of the archive from the phone’s memory card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”] Sixth step is the selection ZIP file from SD card and the localization of the AOKP ROM archive.
- Seventh step is the selection of the file and the confirmation of this action on the screen that will come. That is going to install the ROM on the S3.
- The next step means follows the installation of the custom ROM file. It consists in the installation of the Google Apps pack by following the steps with the numbers 5 and 7.
- After the installation process is over, the following step is the selection of the Go back option. Then you will need to opt for restarting the entire system. And that’s it.
This is how to have the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS update on your very own Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Enjoy!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.