If you like your Galaxy S3 Mini NFC I8190N and all that it has to offer, don’t settle for this just yet. There are many ways to gain even more from using this smartphone. Android 4.1.2 XXAMI1 official firmware is the way to go in case you want something more exciting from your device. Should that be the case, you will get what you are after as soon as you complete this update guide.
An update tutorial is not difficult to follow if you know how to go about it. Which you will, since we tried to make everything clear even if this is the first time you update your handset. However, be aware of this: your Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190N will be updated to the new Jelly Bean OS only if you live in either Ireland and use Three as your carrier or in Israel using Orange/Partner.
If that’s the case, your job is easy: the update you need to perform on your smartphone will be possible if you stay with us and follow our steps. After that, it will be great to own a phone which has new apps to offer, a longer battery life, new features, no bugs, custom ROMs to download and then use, no bloatware, an improved performance overall as well as tweaking possibilities.
you feel enticed, you need to get it on by looking at these requirements:
- make sure the handset’s USB cable is out of the box so that you can use it as we progress with the guide;
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190N until you see it’s full (or over 70% full);
- disable your comp’s and your handset’s security programs for our tutorial;
- create a regular backup with this guide and a NANDroid one (be sure it’s the full kind);
- enable USB Debugging on your smartphone;
- for our guide be sure to have Windows running on your notebook or PC;
- install USB drivers fit for this phone from here on your comp or laptop.
Because we are now done with these pre-requisites, we will next let you update the S3 Mini I8190N by way of the steps described in the upcoming paragraphs.
- The introduction to our tutorial is offered by this task that requires your attention: download the Android 4.1.2 XXAMI1 firmware (the Ireland version from and the Israel version ) together with Odin3 v.3.07 from this page on your notebook (or PC).
- As soon as the packages land on this device, you should move on to this next step, which tells you to unzip, with a special tool, the Odin and the other file.
- Now that the content of these two files is where it should be, you need to enter your device in Download Mode with this method: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power together; then, when Android shows its popular logo, we need you to press Power only.
- Your phone and your notebook must be plugged to each other afterwards, so use the USB cord for this and then wait for a confirmation of the said plugging. Which confirmation will be offered by “Added!!” appearing on the screen and by an ID:COM becoming a flashing yellow; when this does not go as intended, you need to re-flash those USB drivers or resort to a different USB port.
- You will be asked to do several things. Here they are: click on PDA, go for a file that should come with a CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file which needs to contain a MODEM in the name, click on CSC and opt for a CSC-named file, tap PIT and choose a .pit file next.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]You should also perform this: activate F. Reset Time, Re-partition and Auto Reboot, then move on to the next important task. Which should be you doing this: tap “Start” and the flashing of the upgrade firmware shall commence.
- Once the necessary file is running on the handset, you will see a message saying “Pass“; then the device shall soon reboot, so, after you see it do as planned, you can disconnect the devices from one another.
After that open Settings, launch About Phone and see if the Android 4.1.2 XXAMI1 official firmware is on your Galaxy S3 NFC Mini GT-I8190N.
You are now free to have fun with the phone!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.