An update to an Android operating system can also be performed by hand. That is, if you are confident in your own talent at these things. If you want to be instructed how to install Android
4.1.2 update for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 Mini I8190N via a custom firmware, this post contains the guide needed for that.
But before you move on to that part, here are some requirements: make backups using a dedicated application, then run Samsung Kies to find the appropriate phone’s drivers on your laptop (which needs to run Windows) and save your messages and your contacts using your Google account.
The instructions on how to install the Android 4.1.2 update on your Galaxy S3 Mini are the following.
- Step number 1 needs the user to find and download these files: Odin3_v3.04.zip and . They need to be saved on your laptop and then you have to extract the both files into a dedicated directory.
- Step 2: run Odin3 v3.04.exe and switch the handset off.
- Step number three: restart your device then get in the Download Mode; for this to happen you need to keep pressed at the same time the buttons for Home, Volume Down and Power for about 5 seconds. When a popup message comes on the phone’s display, you need to do this: press Volume Up. The next operation to perform: employ the handset’s USB cable to connect it to your comp, then see if ID:COM becomes yellow.
- Then you need to, for the fourth step, spot a warning that reads ADDED. It’s all good if you see it and you can now tap on PDA.
- Step 5: search for I8190NXXALL4_I8190NVFGALL2_VOD_HOME.tar.md5 from the download directory. You should now tap on Start and wait for the rebooting of the S3 Mini I8190N. When you see PASS on the touchscreen, the firmware has just been installed.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step number six tells you to do as follows: the handset is going to restart and to enter into the Normal Mode. When it does that, the tutorial is completed and you can enjoy the Android 4.1.2 update.
If something goes wrong
There is the possibility that the installation won’t go as planned. But you can avoid that if you do as we say. For instance: should the S3 Mini I8190N refuse to work after it shows the default boot screen, perform the following procedure:
- For step one you have to switch the phone off and restart the device into Recovery Mode. That should be done like this: keep pressed for about 5 seconds the buttons for Home, Volume Up and Power. Once you’re in Recovery you need to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- Step 2: confirm this on the next screen and afterwards choose Go Back.
- Step 3 asks you to opt for Reboot System Now. And that solves your issue.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.