Samsung S3 Mini I8190 was in need of an updated operating system. It is going to receive this, more precisely an update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2, if you throw a glance at our guide.
flash the firmware which will help with this tutorial, you will need to start with certain pre-requisites, such as charge the battery of the phone, turn on USB debugging, make a backup using a dedicated tutorial, flash the USB drivers that were meant for this smartphone and use the S3 Mini GT-I8190 that isn’t locked.
The requirements will have to be followed by some steps. If you don’t follow them, you won’t get the update on your handset. Be prepared for the loss of root access on your I8190; however, you should know that this can be achieved again as soon as you root the device.
- Step number one to follow so that the update is installed via XXAMD3 official firmware is this: download Odin tool v3.07 and on your laptop.
- Step two will instruct you the following: extract the content of the second archive you had to download in step number one, then power the S3 Mini GT-I8190 off.
- The tasks you should perform for the third step are these: make sure your phone is in Download Mode, which should be done by pressing and simultaneously holding Home, Volume Down and Power. To confirm that you wish to have your device boot into that Mode, you have to press Power after the Android logo (plus a triangle) appear on the touchscreen.
- Step four will tell you to return to your PC and launch Odin on it.
- When this is achieved, you have to move on to the fifth step that says the following: plug the handset to your notebook and, when you see an ID:COM box become all yellow (also, a COM port number should accompany it), you should interpret this as the devices being well connected to one another.
- Step six will require you to choose some specific files with the aid of various buttons. The process should go like this:
– after you click on PDA, you need to opt for a file that has CODE as the letters in its name;
– click on Phone and choose the file that contains MODEM in its name;
– once you click on CSC, a file bearing CSC as part of its name will have to be selected;
– click on PIT and opt for a .pit file.
Everything should be in order now; however, if you see none of the four files we wrote above, do the following: ignore them and concentrate instead on selecting the boxes which read F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then Repartition (activate this one in case you chose the .pit file if you saw it appear on the display).
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For step seven you need to tap on Start and have some patience until the XXAMD3 official formware begins its flashing process on your smartphone. At the end of this, the S3 Mini GT-I8190 is going to restart.
- At this point you will be prompted to disconnect the handset from your PC.
If you happen to go to Settings and then tap on About phone after the guide is over, you will see the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 official firmware in that place.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.